OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

Thanks for this!

With that one match you both will likely be going through unless another match in your pod magically appears before tomorrow.

2 Likes

@SpaceManSoup I’m gonna send you through to the next round. Headed west for a month and won’t be able to compete. Good luck to you and @auribe14 both! Rep the Co-op with some W’s :corn::dart:

3 Likes

Drew beat me at findlay. Uhhh let’s say it was 6&5 mainly because I don’t really remember. Awful idea trying to host the event and play the match.

4 Likes

At this time, the selection committee would like to extend invites to @Buck and @Albatrossity to the elimination rounds.

If you guys could please reply here or DM with your acceptance or regrets that would be greatly appreciated. We need to fill two spots for the elimination bracket and would like to get it created ASAP. Thanks!

8 Likes

I appreciate the extended offer to advance, but I anticipate scheduling being an issue for myself, so unfortunately I will have to pass.

2 Likes

I appreciate the quick response.

The selection committee would like to offer that spot to @Jet1329 as the next off the list. Please let us know!

2 Likes

The anticipation is killing me. this is better than selection Sunday!

4 Likes

I’d happily accept a sponsor’s exemption into bracket play… appreciate it and look forward to it!

6 Likes

You’re in!

Just need to wait for @Jet1329 to confirm his spot in the field and we can move on to making the bracket.

If not, we will move onto the next person in line.

2 Likes

Can’t believe with the massive contingency of guis around Cleveland we somehow failed to get a NEO event together this summer. Would anyone be interested in something this fall?

3 Likes

For Pod 7, @tkeats and I didn’t get to have our match due to busy schedules. We have agreed to call it a draw and each take 1 pt since it wont have an impact on our standings. Is this acceptable?

2 Likes

Yes definitely

2 Likes

Ooooooooh fall pine hills. Has to be fall pine hills.

3 Likes

I would be very interested in fall NE Ohio shenanigans

4 Likes

Does anyone from Pod 16 have a line to @Jet1329 by chance to see if we can confirm his availability for the elimination bracket?

@waver82, @JoshInCLE, or @clevelandgooner?

I’m going to give it until noon-ish today before we move forward with our next choice.

3 Likes

I’ll shoot him a text.

1 Like

Checking on the spreadsheet, it looks like the rest of the bracket may be locked in? Is it fair to say we can move forward with scheduling if we see ourselves matched up, or are you still optimizing and we shouldn’t start scheduling until we get the signal?

Here’s to finding the @wrong_fairway in the next round

2 Likes

Give us a few more hours. There are 4 matchups that are 1 hr 45 m + we are trying to sort out.

1 Like

We’re still optimizing. Because of the way the bracket shook out and having to add a couple of at-large bids from the selection committee it’s a bit more of a process this year. What you see right now is simply the first draft I threw together as a base. @smithburger and I are working to try and narrow down some better drive times for the first round.

2 Likes

I can volunteer as someone willing to matchup against a distant opponent and work out a match location in the middle. Did it last year and ended up playing Powderhorn which was a nice little treat.

2 Likes