OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

August 10th might be kind of a tight window. With all of the quarters and both Semi matches to be fit in before.

1 Like

the two NEO matches will be done by then

1 Like

Unfortunately no, sorry.

1 Like

Womp Womp.

1 Like

Was able to be victorious yet again at Deer Ridge after a hard fought match. Ultimately won 3 and 1.

4 Likes

How were the nerves? I got bounced in round one like a giant scrub bucket. Everyone still active feeling some nerves yet?

2 Likes

Little bit of nerves. This was my closest match so definitely had to stay locked in until it was closed out.

3 Likes

Our match today was an instant classic. @quicktempo and I hit above our handicap weight and took it out on each other with a match that went down to the end. I think stroke play we would have gone 74 77. I bested him 2up (concession on last) with a super strong back 9. Pine Hills played great and enjoyed being back there. 2 Guys we were paired up with were interesting to say the least; one had some sort of masculinity issue with the number of female jabs taken and the other may have had an anger issue or just a real odd sense of humor. I think we both got heckled on the last few holes. Love Alex’s swing; dude was a stripe show.

5 Likes

Well. That sets up the NEO Semi!

@Browcoww77 vs @jack67 for the right to play in the Final at Moraine.

9 Likes

Atta boi @jack67 doing the pod proud

3 Likes

Everyone needs to know this is somehow an understatement. @MerchCzar (aka the Microwave Man) would be proud of the way Jack turned it all the way up en route to his 34.
4 4 4 4 4 3 (eagle) 3 4 4. I am really happy I was able to keep it as close as I did. What a fun match it was.

4 Likes

@BoomBaby812 v @UncleDrew

One quarterfinal left to play to setup the final four.

2 Likes

Do we have a deadline for this? @UncleDrew and I are trying to coordinate schedules, and we’ll likely have to look at next week/weekend if that’s okay

2 Likes

The sooner the better obviously. If you can’t get to it until then it is what it is. The semi finals would be more compressed. Our hope was semi-finals would be 36 holes home and away. Maybe that needs to be adjusted if we get tight. @methridge is your next opponent.

1 Like

Hey @smithburger , do we have official go ahead on semi final format? I noted the home and home in original format but @Browcoww77 had heard maybe we pivoted back to 18.

Hey Jack,

I think we originally wanted a home and home just to make it more fun and maybe a bit more equitable in order to make sure that no one gets a home course advantage in the Semi’s. But if the timing does not work to make a home and home happen then that’s fine.

As always, use your best judgement, don’t be a scumbag.

2 Likes

This is the way.

2 Likes

Roger that.

2 Likes

@BoomBaby812 v @UncleDrew

Have you guys been able to schedule your match?

1 Like

Yes. We are playing this Sunday.

3 Likes