OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

Down to the elite 8! This is where history is made.

@dkoller v @methridge
@BoomBaby812 v @UncleDrew
@Livi @Browcoww77
@quicktempo @jack67

5 Likes

As a reminder we do have members who have said they are willing to host at this clubs if anyone wants me to reach out to them to see if we can set something up for this round or next.

Personally I’d love to see some matches played at neutral and historic venues for the Semi’s at least. We already have our venue for the Final.

3 Likes

What’s the finals venue?

Moraine CC in Kettering, Ohio.

Here is a write up Andy from The Fried Egg did on it in 2017

2 Likes

Sweet. Im playing there in 2 weeks for my US am qualifier.

3 Likes

I’ll also be there as a volunteer helping with the scoring team.

Sounds like you might get a competitive advantage if you are able to make it to the Final of the match play having gotten 36 holes in via the qualifier.

3 Likes

Wow @Browcoww77 looking ahead. That’s bulletin board material right there. Lol

5 Likes

Having played marker to a match involving @quicktempo and had a match against @jack67 myself, that matchup reallllllllly intrigues me.

5 Likes

Who do you have your money on? Please be explicit.

1 Like

Alex is quite the steady player but my money stays within my pod. Let’s go jack.

4 Likes

Oh wow @Gobrownies09 thinks @quicktempo has no shot. Shots fired. I hope your boi @jack67 can cash that check!

4 Likes

My money is on Alex

3 Likes

Would love it if we could get some openings for everyone the day of the finals. Obviously, that’s up to our host if they could arrange it.

7 Likes

That would be incredible…

1 Like

We should do a gambling pool from here out. Maybe see what we raise, half to the winner of the pool and half to the charity of their choosing. I personally don’t gamble on pools as I’m retired, but could try to throw something together. Do we know when the first Elite 8 match is?

Edit: unless this is a duck race situation and whoever runs it runs the risk of getting got by the fuzz.

4 Likes

Sounds like a Calcutta is in order.

3 Likes

Myself and @jack67 have our match scheduled. Sunday July 10th, noon, Canterbury. Graciously hosted by @clevelandgooner, thank you. Shoutout @Browcoww77 for the confidence, I’m just gonna keep it on the front edge of the green. Its worked since Findlay, why change it now? Good luck to you against @livi, if a week in Pinehurst isn’t good enough prep, I don’t know what is.

7 Likes

So….

Here’s the current thought. If we can swing it a Tuesday or Thursday would be best. We can actually get 11 players out after 1:00. My current thought was we get the finalist, semi finalists, the main organizers, plus the last 3ish spots reserved for quarterfinalists who can make it, first come first serve.

Obviously It’s all dependent on what date and if there a lot of play already reserved that day.

7 Likes

In all seriousness is a gallery allowed?

3 Likes

I can make it as long as its before August 10 (teachers first day back at school)

1 Like