Oakmont CC

Rather timely given the recent U.S. Amateur and announcement that it’ll be a US Open anchor site. We’re seeking a third to join us (and a member - the member we don’t know personally) to play Oakmont CC Thur 23rd Sept @ 2:30pm.

The round was won in a charity auction. It wasn’t cheap. But a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone like myself.

A 1903 Henry Fownes design, famous for its church pew bunkers and difficult routing, has (or will have, ‘25, ‘34, ‘42 and ‘49) 13 US Opens to its name.

If any interest please reach out.

OCC3

2 Likes

Do I have interest in playing Oakmont? Sure.

2 Likes

cc: @alexshreff

1 Like

DM’ing!

7 Likes

please raffle this spot off!!!

(and donate any and all proceeds back to the charity imo too)

15 Likes

Very interested !

I’ll spot the winner here $50 if they drive it down 9 fairway on 1 in front of the member.

12 Likes

This course doesnt have any trees. Not interested.

23 Likes

I expected Oakmont to have more Oaks than this. That John Denver is full of shit, man.

11 Likes

I heard this is a good course

3 Likes

Do you need someone to run the charity raffle?

22 Likes

Not to worry though @skinnsy, you can refuse to accept the results

5 Likes

this dude is gonna get the whole refuge shut down for 2 weeks when he gets 1,300 DMs in the next hour

6 Likes

Hahaha. Feels like I’m somewhat approaching that already…

1 Like

real talk I’d do a charity raffle on here and once you hit 1/4 of what you have into it, could probably raise some bank

Can we split this up? @GRWhitehead plays the front 9 and @VenkmansLament will take the back 9

22 Likes

I definitely agree that a charity auction would be awesome for this and would 100% purchase tickets for it!

1 Like

What about alt-shot?

2 Likes

You have to be careful with this. Most charity auctions don’t allow you to resell spots - obviously behind closed doors not an issue but doing a raffle or something on a forum, even behind the paywall, is asking to lose your spots all together and have them keep the money.

2 Likes

It’s usually like Rule #1 on these things that the spots aren’t to be resold or re-auctioned. For example, this one could even be the one our OP won: