Northwest Roost Regional - Seattle/Tacoma, 7/29-30

@RACDGNorCal @PNWCrew @MayhemGC

Let this be our HQ for our NW Roost Regional.

We will be playing Gold Mountain on 7/29 and Chambers Bay on 7/30 to see who advances on to the Club Championship Championship in October at Sweetens Cove.

Format will be a Quota game each day, throwing out the worst score each rd. Team with best cumulative score wins.

The NorCal will be fielding a stout team of grizzled veterans and hungry upstarts:

@cachaulo
@NotADoctor
@JuanHurtado211 (alternate for @bw72 who has to go to a Taylor Swift show instead)
@j.holliday

NorCal team will be bunking up in Gig Harbor at our team compound.

We are stoked to meet some new friends and have a competition to get the blood going.

14 Likes

@bw72 casually walking into the thread to see what’s going on … and then @GremlinGolfer throws a right cross

6 Likes

I WOULD have qualified for this, but it’s my mom’s birthday that weekend.

2 Likes

Will there be tee times for non-qualifiers or just the roost qualifier showdown is happening?

Chambers Bay went the route of Bandon Dunes this year, and opened up their tee sheet for the year in January. Unfortunately, all the weekend times in 2023 were booked up in January.

Got it. That’s a tough scene. Especially for my in-laws since it means I’ll be present at their family vacation.

1 Like

I can attest, the Gig Harbor compound is a top-tier idyllic escape right on the Puget Sound… It is all VIBES.

Stoked for you guys!

2 Likes

Plenty of places to have a great time in GH. The peninsula faction of the @PNWCrew will have to make some time to enjoy with you guys.

2 Likes

We just stayed in GH for 2 nights. Awesome town.

3 Likes

Much like @notjustinkaiser, I would have qualified (again), but decided to grow the game with a now one month year old. But as part of the peninsula crew, would love to meet up for some GH beers.

5 Likes

Very excited for the Regional! Mayhem will be bringing down a crew of 12 for it (4 competitors & 8 supporters)! Still have 2 qualifiers to be decided at the end of the month. Final round on Sunday in Nanaimo will produce our Island Mayhem rep.

Was able to book two additional chambers bay times for our 8 supporters and @MrVinegar206 was able to book us extra at gold mtn too. Looking forward to a fun weekend. If any pnw want to join in let’s scramble together some additional tee times at Gold Mtn.

We are staying in Port Orchard.

8 Likes

Likewise, I’m sure I would have qualified as well but am already committed the the Aloha Crew™ event at Hawaii Prince.

3 Likes

@MrVinegar206 You got any of that golf news incoming for this thread?

3 Likes

Golf news coming soon

2 Likes

I’d like to formally congratulate the following individuals from the @PNWCrew who will be representing the Home Squad for the 2023 Pacific Northwest Regionals:

1. First, our 2022 RTGS season champion: @aciszewski21

Alex has the swing of Tommy Lad, but he also has the ability to close. A PNW native who’s ready to defend his turf no matter how many flushed irons it takes.

1. Next, we have Jeff “Match Play God” @jeffco

He’s a perfect 5-0 thus far in our RollX matches. The man steps up every time when put in the boxing ring.

1. Then, we have our current 2023 RTGS leader, @Vaughanw22.

Cashmere Keith’s twin, rain or shine. Trey always shows up looking his best, to play his best. He has SHAFUA and isn’t afraid to press you until your wallet is no more.

1. Last, but certainly not least, is Tanimal Tedder @Teph (Tanimal fit not pictured).

Don’t be fooled by his relaxed pilot persona. The man is here to Bomb. And. Gouge. He’s never lacked speed, but he’s dialed in the direction this year and his handicap has descended into the single digits. When it’s all clicking, it’s scary good. Oh, and did I mention he caddies at Chambers, too? The home game models are Off. The. Charts.

We’ll see ya in a month, Nor Cal and Mayhem teams

18 Likes

@MayhemGC

I’m pleased to announce our Mayhem GC Regional Team.

Our first qualifier is @3PuttKing (Derek) who is our first of two Mayhem rookies. Derek earned his spot via our Major Mayhem qualifier position. Although only a part of Mayhem for a few months, his stories of caving in driver faces with frozen golf balls is already legendary.

Our second qualifier is @Laponch (Andrew) our second Mayhem rookie and qualified through the Island Mayhem crew. Island Mayhem operates on Vancouver Island and held a mini-tour from April-Jun in which Andrew dominated the Quota series.

Our third qualifier is @Sarah (same name) and needs no introduction on the Refuge. Sarah is our current Mayhem Tour Leader at the halfway point of the season. After a year of Roost Free Agency, Sarah agreed to a contract with Mayhem GC and is ready to shepherd this group around familiar courses.

Our fourth and final qualifier is @CBow (Corey), who is a Mayhem veteran of many years. Corey started with Mayhem as a perennial high capper who loved to double hit his chips; he has honed his craft and is now consistent mid cap golfer (which is a low cap amongst Mayhem GC).

Looking forward to traveling with this group and having a helluva weekend!

7 Likes

I’m a rookie too!!

4 Likes

@Sarah finessing her way back to Chambers. GG.

1 Like

You played some mayhem events last year. I will give you rookie status to the “all-in Mayhemer”.

1 Like

Me, chilling in the Gig Harbour Starbucks, hoping Greller shows up

Waiting

7 Likes