NorCal 2021 NIT Qualifier - 3/7/21 (Post 55 for sign-up) [aka Chunks at the Chuck]

also - if you’re new around here and in the Bay Area - this is our home base: Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers - #2496 by auribe14

@GremlinGolfer are you for real playing lefty?

I want to propose a charity bet if so.

1 Like

gutted to miss the event this year. :frowning:

ATTENTION: Email requesting payment has been sent. If you didn’t get one and think you should have - DM me and we’ll sort it out. Let’s get this baby funded :slight_smile:

1 Like

SHOUTOUT US! We have 47 of 48 spots filled and paid for. If you’re on this thread and wanted to get in, but didn’t sign up - DM me ASAP!

Were on track to raise almost $1400 for CASA Alameda !!!

You all are awesome. It’s going to be an epic day at the Chuck.

6 Likes

Is the par 3 before or after the main round?

will be before

I may have missed this but have times been posted?

Plan is to do either an IG live or Zoom pairings / tee time announcement this coming Monday. Email will be sent.

4 Likes

Ok folks - we are officially full and paid for! Thanks to all!

@hwb and I will be doing an IG Live pairings and raffle announcement on Monday, 3/1/21 at 7pm. To join, follow or find us:
(CORRECTION)
Heath’s Instagram take over of the RACDG_NORCAL acct.
Scott’s Instagram

The results will be emailed out to all after as well. So no need to attend. You’ll have you tee times and raffle results in your inbox Monday night.

4 Likes

For anyone who cannot attend, but wants to participate in our charity contributions, you can help in two ways:

1. Buy a raffle ticket. Raffle tickets are $5. Winners receive a variety of different NLU Swag. 4-tickets per person max.
  2. Bet on the player you think will win the tournament. Bets are $10. Winning betters will win Truelinks or Tillinger gear. You can only choose 1 player to win. See player list + GHIN information here.

If you’re interested in either, send me a DM and I’ll set you up.

2 Likes

cc @MerchCzar in case you’re feeling like dropping a few nuggies on one of the nesticals.

1 Like

10 Min warning! Chunks at the Chuck live pairings and raffle winners with Heath and I on https://instagram.com/racdg_norcal 7pm pst

1 Like

ICYMI
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CL5rGwNlM1B/?igshid=3o6kw28jaixl

3 Likes

Hey folks - had an unfortunate injury WD from the tourney…if someone wants a spot (or knows someone who does) it’s $114 walking Sunday 12:46pm. DM me.

Filled that spot, but there’s an outside chance we’ll need one more…if you’re interested in being a last min add, please let me know.

(Please note there is a 10 tag limit…I’ll do my best)

Whew…What a day!

A bit of wind and some slick pins didn’t stop our eventual winner, Dustin Kleven (AKA @MustBeNice) from not only taking the title, Grand Master Chunk, but doing so by breaking par for his first time ever! He fired a 1 under, 71 en route to 44 Stableford points and nabbing the qualifying spot to the NIT in Jacksonville, FL.

Low scores were out there to be had. Marcus Chang aka @forembc dropped a 68 and the Low Gross Prize ($100 True Linkswear Gift Card), coming up just 3 Stableford points shy of Dustin. Our very own golfing nomad and his Airstream, @brett grabbed 3rd place from the Blues.

The white flight champ was my good buddy (and fellow chiropractor) Adam Jacobs @Chiroadam20 who shot 82 playing off 13 and securing 39 stableford points! Chiros actually secured the top 3 spots from the whites, with Dr. Zach Brantner aka @zforce taking second, and yours truly in third.

(PS. Quick Plug: Check out our Titleist Performance Institute Golf Workshop March 27th! “Move better to play better”!)

Full Flight standings (Stableford pts): (link to full scores)

Blue:

1st Dustin Kleven (44) $100 Alameda Golf Works

2nd Marcus Chang (41) $70 Golf Mart

3rd Brett Highly (36) $50 Alameda Golf Works

4th Jordan Schnur @Schnurtle (36) $30 Golf Mart

5th Nate Ferguson @NFerguson6 (34) $20 Alameda Golf Works

White:

1st Adam Jacobs (39) $100 Alameda Golf Works

2nd Zach Brantner (38) $70 Golf Mart

3rd Scott Mills (37) $50 Alameda Golf Works

4th Craig Johanson (35) $30 Golf Mart

5th Steve Maxey @Slim (35) $20 Alameda Golf Works

Nest Invitational Qualifier:

(Winner and Alternates for 1 spot into the Jax Beach Tourney with NLU):

Dustin Kleven - Qualified

Marcus Chang - 1st Alternate

Adam Jacobs - 2nd

Zach Branter - 3rd

Scott Mills - 4th

Closest to the Pin: ($40 gift cards each)

5th Dan Howry 17 INCHES :slight_smile:

7th Pat Cormier @PatPlaysGolf 12’ 8"

11th Dustin Kleven 1’ 1"

16th Adam Jacobs 10’ 2.5"

Congrats to our Group Winners! I’m not listing them all…you know who won your group and the bottles of wine from Sequoia Grove.

Bet Winners: (Best Stableford, of those that were bet on)

Adam Jacobs (Bettor = Self): $100 True Linkswear

Zach Branter (Bettor = Self): True Towel, Shoe Bag, Mask
Scott Mills (4 Bettors: Pat Burda Matt Monk Brett Highly John Pettit ) - True Gear & Balanced Bites Snacks

Charity Tally:

Between entry fees, raffle tickets, bets and donations, we hit $2000 for CASA of Alameda.

Closing Thoughts:

That 48 golfers on a given Sunday could raise that much for an awesome charity is astounding. Thanks so much to everyone. We hope this becomes an annual tradition, hosting the local NORCAL NIT Qualifier and raising funds for great orgs.

Photos:

Giles ran around and snagged some high level pics of you. Check this link for seriously sick images. If you’d like to share yours, message them to the RACDG_NORCAL IG or send them to this email or post on the refuge Norcal NIT Thread.

***For those that won physical items, I’ll be in touch for shipping addresses (or meet-up options). I will distribute True Gift Cards and Golf Mart Cards. Giles will be delivering Gift Cards to Alameda Golf Works via email.

Cheers!

-Scott, for @hwb (the man with the scoring plan), Giles and Greebs

18 Likes

Major kudos to @fullbodyfix, @hwb @greebs and @giles for the (seemingly) seamless event organizing and @MustBeNice, a deserving champion :trophy::trophy::trophy:

10 Likes

Great job all!

2 Likes