No Findlay-Ing Up - 2021 THREAD IS DEAD - 2022 IS FOR COOL KIDS - @9:00 AM - Findlay, Ohio

You hit it good man. Ball sounds different off your club.

3 Likes

It’s the friends you made along the way

3 Likes

Smoothest swing out there. Pictures don’t do it justice @BrianJLaurent

1 Like

That was @MelKiperSr, literally was on the very edge of the green and our last hole for the morning. Quite the steal

2 Likes

Guilty as charged.

What a great day!! I’m more of a lurker on the boards but enjoy all the content the boys put out and felt I needed to join the Nest to justify all the free content I consume. Attending an event was the next logical step in my lurking and I was not disappointed. Thanks to @themediumgolfer for scouting Sycamore the day before and giving us guidance off the tee boxes. Thanks @metzbuck33 for sticking around in the afternoon to watch my tired swings during the par 3. And thanks to @goatsome for the ride to Sycamore. @Tron shouting out your faux alligator bag was worth the two hour ride to Findlay. @Stelske posting the results confirmed how crazy and how big my chip in birdie was on the last hole of the day. Can’t wait to do it all over again next year…or maybe sooner.

8 Likes

Not to get ahead of ourselves… but certainly sounds like the @MelKiperSr - @Mjm005 putting rivalry will need to be settled in 2022

4 Likes

Facts, must’ve been a bomb

3 Likes

Thanks for shouting out only my distance (travel and golf) rather than the unbelievable spray I had going in every direction imaginable.

What a fantastic group. Loved the event and can’t wait for the next one

9 Likes

Longest putt can be the pre-show to the closest to the pin.

1 Like

Ok, I know I’m a little late to the ‘had a shit ton of fun’ comments but it takes us older guys a day or 2 to recuperate. Just wanted to thank everyone for making my first event such a fun experience. I didn’t grow up around golf so to see this many folks in one spot with the same appreciation for golf was just super cool. Great 1st round with @methridge @gbhurricane @ZekeH5. The par 3 was a ton of fun too with @BrianJLaurent @Double_Bogey_Dave @jgolf1 @Kenny_K @Greenthumb . And of course the hangs at Ali’s with @papateeps and @JDGAFFLIN . If I left anyone out, my apologies, but was a great time and so looking forward to the next one! And, of course, the special thanks to @jgolf1 for putting this together!

12 Likes

F15 ball

2 Likes

So we don’t have this mixup again here is an F-5 and a F-15 next to each other.
You definitely hit the F-15 ball

3 Likes

Hell yea man! Next time bring a few discs and we can find a park nearby.

Apologies to the crew that went out Sat night, I was a bit Jebby. Was definitely drained and not feeling the best.

1 Like

Definitely will bring the discs next trip. And no worries about Sat night, I think everyone was a little beat.

2 Likes

I saw a tweet about carts being horrible for pace of play, etc, etc. And that made me so appreciative to play in an event like this where EVERYONE walked. It was very cool to be on a course with no carts.

9 Likes

Anyone in the NW Ohio area looking for a meet up soon let me know. Just moved up this way in the fall so my golf community has changed a bit. Not so easy driving 2.5 hours multiple x/week.

1 Like

Super late on this but had a blast playing with you guys too. Loved the course and the event

4 Likes

Where you located? I’m up in Toledo

I’m in Van Wert. Findlay or Defiance are easy to get to.

2 Likes