No Findlay-Ing Up - 2021 THREAD IS DEAD - 2022 IS FOR COOL KIDS - @9:00 AM - Findlay, Ohio

@blackhammer - joy playing with you. The shandy was flowing - I’m sure you have had some vids of your own to share had we’d been paired on Saturday morning :wink:

2 Likes

Echoing everyone, the day was an absolute blast. Special shout-out to my group @FireMarkFox (the up and down machine), @Mjm005 (worked the power fade all day), and @Kornwhalice (made the trip from Germany(!) and hits the ball mile).

9 Likes

Hey @jgolf1, I know you’re still probably recovering…but any chance of posting the results? Maybe add it to the Google Sheet? I know I didn’t sniff it, but would be curious to see how things played out. Thanks again for a great day! B

4 Likes

This weekend was too much fun. Sycamore Springs was such a cool course and just perfect for the event- wide fairways, amazing greens, livestock and cheap beers is a recipe for success. Got to play with a bunch of top-notch dudes @BrianJLaurent @noles1800 @JDGAFFLIN @ZekeH5 @gbhurricane @SRS_One @FunctionFindingForm @quicktempo @MelKiperSr

A few of my highlights from the weekend:

• Hauling ass to the clubhouse from 4 green in the middle of a downpour and waiting out the storm with the Riverby Hills crew
  • Findlay Brewing Brilliant Blonde
  • Loudest ball machine in the world waking me up and leaving my ears ringing at the range
  • McDickey getting absolutely heckled goats on 7 tee box
  • Returning to the hotel on Saturday to be greeted by a red carpet and prom. Apparently Crank That (Soulja Boy) is still in the mix but they don’t know the dance

Big thanks to @jgolf1 and everyone else involved for putting on a great event!

Edit: this was ten minutes after the rain stopped on Friday

21 Likes

@jgolf1 brought more new Refugees into the fold than anyone who doesn’t work for the company. The events are truly what makes the site so special.

12 Likes

I’ll post the results out later today (hopefully, don’t hold me to it). Hopefully pictures as well!

1 Like

As a lurker/occasional poster in the Refuge and this being my first event, what a delight. The golf on my end was nowhere near acceptable, but the positive vibes were more than enough to get me around the course.

I can’t wait to see the fruits of the potential Cincinnati/Cleveland/Dension events in the future.

7 Likes

I assume there will be another one of these in findlay next year, but the Cincy contingent is strong.

6 Likes

Added a “Results” tab to the original signup sheet:

3 Likes

Appreciate it! Told the guise in the AirBnB that anywhere around +6 is usually the score to get based on past results.

I’ll echo what everyone else has, rightfully, said already: thanks to @jgolf1 for putting the day together. Good people. Good course. Good times.

It was also good seeing some folks from past refuge events, as well as meeting some new people.

@Buck , @jobu415 , @BoomBaby812 : Really enjoyed the 18.

4 Likes

Super fun event everyone. I really had a good time laying up on the par 3s. @metzbuck33 and @themediumgolfer know what Im talking about. Like everyone else has been saying, huge shoutout to @jgolf1 for setting this up. Count me in for any and all future events.

Also for the future, if anyone has specific merch requests for future events, let me know. Id love to do that again if it means raising money for a charity. New logos, specific gear, whatever. I hope everyone liked what they got.

9 Likes

I think we need this marker on the shirts next year…

1 Like

If anyone’s curious what my role at the event was…

8 Likes

Enhance

7 Likes

Drinking Miller Lattes? Nice! :smiley:

4 Likes

Here are some of the photos I took on Saturday. Sorry if I didn’t get everyone! I’ll let you choose if you want to send any to Dave.

11 Likes

Thank you for the photos and reminder of just how bad my golf swing really is!

I wasn’t able to stay late enough to collect my DFL award, hopefully it can be shipped?

3 Likes

I do need to know who poured one in on 10 to steal the longest putt from @Mjm005 - had 4 points before half the groups had teed off!

3 Likes