NLU's Queen City 4-Way Presented by Big Randy: September 9th & 10th

On behalf of the crew, I am excited to present to the Nest details around our “Queen City 4-Way” event in September. This will be a homecoming of sorts for many of us (Randy for obvious reasons; me/Neil’s mom grew up in Springfield and dad grew up in Cincinnati; Soly’s Ohio connections; Neil’s best friend Ross’ dad led the renovation at Kenwood, etc.) This will be a mix of golf on Friday morning, meet-up at a local brewery on Friday night, all-day hospitality at the LPGA event on Saturday, and optional golf on Sunday for those who want more.

Stoked to be able to get out to Kenwood, support this new event that a brand new title sponsor (Kroger, shoutout @Randy) and presenting sponsor (P&G) have put up a bunch of money to support women’s golf, and cheer on @LPondgolf and hopefully some of our other young hitters. Some of our parents are family friends are planning to be there - this is going to be different than anything we’ve done prior.

Here’s the schedule:

Friday, September 9th

• 18 Holes at Springfield Country Club (Breakfast, Lunch, and beverages) This Donald Ross design hosts US Open Sectional Qualifying every year and features some of the most diabolical greens you will ever play. Put simply, this is one of my favorite golf courses in the world - yes, for sentimental reasons, but also the more places I play the more I appreciate and look forward to returning to Springfield CC. It was the first Ross course I ever played (I think Neil and I got into a fist-fight on the 7th green at one point) and the fact that it hosts Sectionals every year speaks volumes. Well under 7,000 yards and guys have fits with it.

• Meetup at Madtree Brewery from 6:00 - 9:00 pm

Saturday, September 10th

• All-Day VIP dedicated hospitality at the Kroger Queen City Championship
  • 360- degree view of golf! Hang out and watch golf on #14, #6 Tee, and #9 Green (Skyline Chili WILL be served at the tournament)

Sunday, September 11th

• Optional Golf at Glenview Golf Course

Price is $500/Nest Member or $575/non-Nest member and includes:

• Golf Friday plus breakfast, lunch and selection of beverages, Tee Gift

• Appetizers plus beer/wine at MadTree Friday night

• One (1) VIP ticket to Saturday Plus F&B credit

• Prizes, 8 NIT spots up for grabs and more!

Price is $180/Non-Golfer and is a great opportunity to bring spouse/friend/family member to the event or introduce someone who is new to golf at a lower price-point. Includes:

• Appetizers plus beer/wine at MadTree Friday night

• One (1) VIP ticket to Saturday Plus F&B credit

REGISTER HERE

*Of note: Nest members (plus their guests will be given first priority) and this event is limited to guests 21 years of age or older. Nest members please sign up as a member and search for your Refuge username within GolfGenius when prompted.

33 Likes

Ahh man! Sounds awesome! Can’t swing that as I’ll be back at Gearhart the following week

Have a great time!!
TA

3 Likes

I’m so damn proud to see this one come to fruition.

11 Likes

Registered. Let’s go!

5 Likes

Spending my Birthday weekend with the guis sounds decent. I’m in.

10 Likes

I’m a nest member but cannot find my name in the list :weary:

4 Likes

I’ll get you squared away.

2 Likes

@Tron I had signed up last week before I saw the details posted, and I had to back out because I really should learn to discuss before signing up for these sorts of things. If I didn’t/can’t sign up for Friday/Saturday is it still cool to play the optional Sunday round?

2 Likes

I’m apologizing for my fathers fashion sense. Shield your eyes.

10 Likes

Still haven’t recovered from the greens at Northland last fall, so I’m pumped for ole Don to vaporize what’s left of my fragile golf psyche.

4 Likes

Absolutely! Trying to make it as flexible as possible so people can join on an a la carte basis as schedules allow.

5 Likes

AWESOME. Thank you TC.

1 Like

Would be v interested in a Friday only golf option if that becomes available as well.

2 Likes

This sounds awesome. Is there a registration deadline @Tron?

1 Like

There is not a deadline but we will open it up to non-Nest members soon.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

I’m in and @ZekeH5 is too. Can’t wait to get Rossed at SCC!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to triple bogey here

4 Likes

Anyone else having an issue with their nest handle not showing up in the member registration window?

1 Like

Worked ok for me…no @, just start typing Principal and it should pop up(?)