NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

Without question. Also completely open to weird glamping/Airbnb experiences.

1 Like

I looked at original google form and could not find your handle. But glad that you are on this sheet now.

Can you be from the area and be a member there and still play?

1 Like

Can you dole out team DFW/Houston ambiguous, misleading local course knowledge?

Put your name on the sheet. Would be great to have a local.

Where is our Mason Dixon? Whatā€™s all this, Iā€™m from such and suchā€¦ @DuckDuckHook Donā€™t you know my loyalty can be bought?!

If it pains you to think Iā€™ll be playing for the Atx/San squad, there are ways around this, legally. e.g.; my cousin went to a Cowboys game once. I still own property in Dallas, etc.

1 Like

A low cut is the preferred shot shape off the tee on the front nine.

2 Likes

Haha of course. I marshaled there too for three years and am close with the pro there, Jay.

Every hole asks for a right to left tee shot except 2, 10, and 17 really. There the only par 4 and 5s that arenā€™t right to left

Jay seems to be the man in charge. Iā€™ve talked to him a few times.

Yes heā€™s the head pro. Chris is the GM. Jay does all the bookings and tee times.

I love how real this is all getting. @SaveMuny if rooms get really tight, I can probably grab my in-laws RV and park in the parking lot (itā€™s flat there). I wonder if the course has a power outlet I could use, just so I can run the AC overnight w/o needing the generator.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious how the event structure is going to shake out ā€¦ matches, point structure, etc. Iā€™ve never done one of these with three big teams like this.

you guysā€¦I might be able to swing this. just checked work schedule.

but ATX is sold out. lol. Houstonā€¦do you have a problem?

9 Likes

We can probably take some people on the Houston team, just donā€™t drink from my yeti unless you like lean

2 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa.

@cgroom and I nominated you as Austin captain, radio silence, and now you want to play for the carcinogenic coast?

I put you down as the 35th. If you can make it, great. Weā€™ll figure it out.

4 Likes

Carcinogenic coast NEEDS to be a band name.

3 Likes

Typical Ryder cup. Each match worth a point. Foursomes, four ball, then singles.

Since we are dealing with a USA vs Europe vs World, weā€™ll have to rotate the matches.

I will create a poor Gantt chart at a later date.

The question is, which city is team USA, which is Europe, and which is team world (intl).

Houston has to be world.
DFW is USA?
That would fittingly and sadly leave austin/SA as Europe.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll drive a roof-less cart with multiple walkie-talkies as an asscap before we let you take your talents to the wrong team.

You take that back right now.

3 Likes

@cgroom and @SaveMuny I was kidding. I would never play for anyone other than ATX/SA/EURO.

iā€™m like 85% in.

I only have team USA gear. iā€™ll start the search for the new gear when we confirm our actual heritage.

*also note I have limited communication on my side of the wall. but evidently can edit to my hearts content so this my be my journal of communication.

6 Likes

Now that Houston is confirmed as Team World I am ready to fully commit. /in

18 Likes