NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

Filled out. I agree with @Darikashi, I picked a Faldo format, but enjoyed all of them.

I don’t think that giving up on the strokes is a good play. I liked being able to play with a bunch of different people throughout the weekend and I think getting rid of strokes eliminates that freedom. Not the biggest fan of strokes on a par 3, but I can bite that bullet and still have fun.

Overall guys, again, this was awesome. I look forward to the next one. Huzzah!

5 Likes

I wasn’t a fan of the strokes on that Par 3 either at first and then I didn’t hit the green once so my opinion has shifted…

11 Likes

I would advocate for moving that stroke away from #6. It’s a bogey hole for everyone.

4 Likes

Couldn’t make it for the NLU TX Cup, but went up there with 3 buddies for 3 rounds in 3 days this week. Liked the course. The trees make it pretty tough if you aren’t hitting it straight.

Shot 86, 80, 87.

7 Likes

Isn’t that an argument for keeping the stroke there? If it’s that hard for everyone, then the higher-handicap player should get their advantage there.

3 Likes

I can see that argument. I am not a fan of strokes on par 3s in general, but that’s more of a par 3.75.

The stroke is supposed to close the advantage between a better player and a weaker one. I’m arguing that especially on that hole you don’t see much disparity as everyone makes bogey. You have to play a great hole just to push

Speaking of 6…

…did anyone know that there was water left? There’s a complete forrest of trees on the bank that obscure it.

5 Likes

I was in that front left bunker in the Saturday morning round and had no clue there was water over there

I didn’t see the water until Sunday AM. I ahem took my time in the left bunker and saw it then.

4 Likes

Question for the class: Is doing the catered dinner option with the course worth it? Got a group of 8 heading out to PD in late July and wondering if we want to do the catered dinner after our round out Saturday, or just hitting the clubhouse/grill instead

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Depends on if there’s another, larger group there that might overwhelm the kitchen. If it’s not all that crowded, just order from the menu. But it’s not a huge kitchen, and usually only staffed by 1 person cooking, so it can slow down quite quickly.

Hey everyone go vote in this poll for next years Bucc-ees Texas Cup dates:

1 Like

Shit, thanks. I meant to post that here when I posted the 2022 thread.

Still need to celebrate with the Texas Cup Champs of my adopted town, ATX.
Coincidentally was just informed the lady boss will be traveling. I will be in bach full mode Thursday 26th-29th. Give me a shout if you’re wanting to mix it up on the links, guis!

2 Likes

@HardLeftSlice is organizing a Landa Park outing that Saturday, join us!

1 Like

We’d love to have you; let me know soon, because I’m about to give one of our tee times back, since we’re down to 8 people.

Think I’m IN! DM sent to @HardLeftSlice.
Was planning Vaaler or Quicksand with a few buddies. If there’s room, we’ll get involved!

Just in case this hits anyone from last year, the 2022 event raffle is live!

You can enter to win prizes even if you aren’t playing in the event. You can donate items even if you aren’t playing in the event! Reach out to me with ANY questions … thanks!

1 Like

Added items to the raffle … it’s getting sort of sick. Masters gear, tour-van driver, tour-van shaft, sweetens cove and pine valley gear … go check it out!

Remember, you don’t have to be playing in the event to win! Tell your friends, tell your family, post this in other threads!

1 Like