NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

No resistance above 50, no cadence above 100–gentle intervals and climbs. You’re going get warm and sweat a little, but you won’t breathe heavy or burn your legs. Another good way of describing it is if you’ve done PZ rides, it will be almost entirely in Z1 & Z2.

I like to come home and take a quick 15 minute LI and stretch after walking 18–flushes things out a bit.

3 Likes

Can be used for a warmup or cool down ride as well but the gist of it is what @rkris said above.

Ooh, that sounds like a good idea. Just finished week one of Peak Your Power Zones, and this will be a good cool down in week 2.

Did that program last year. Seeing the bulk of those rides at 45 min was a bit intimidating but after week 1, got used to that length. FTP results increased very nicely after completing that program.

1 Like

Best ride categories on the platform, ranked

1. Emma’s 90’s Rock Rides
  2. Denis’s 80’s Rides
  3. Emma’s Low Impact Rides
  4. Jess King’s Sweat Steady Rides
7 Likes

You have my sword. (though I’d trade you Denis 80’s rides for some Leanne rides)

Game of Thrones: The Big Inspirations Behind 'Battle of the Bastards'

1 Like

I would not put up a fight! An exceedingly reasonable trade.

Just discovered these and they’re kicking my ass in a great way.

4 Likes

This ride was an awesome rehab/not wanting to over exert yourself ride! Took this before going out to do yard work and got a nice sweat going while still keeping the heart rate in the yellow or below the entire time! Great recommendation @taylorf! I think this ride has been taken almost 40 times by people with the refuge tag which is also awesome!

2 Likes

I got an email earlier that says my bike is not impacted as I’m in the UK. Anybody experience any of these issues talked about in the recall?

In 2021 we had an issue with our seat post slipping down during rides even when properly tightened. They sent out a replacement quickly and that fixed it. But no falling breaking to the extent that we fell off thank goodness.

First time back on the bike after a 3 month hiatus. Feeling good

2 Likes

Apparently it’s most all bikes sold after 2018 in the states. So that would include me, certainly. I also had an issue with my seat SLOWLY slipping but this appears to be something much faster and severe. I’ll see whether they message me but will reach out if I don’t hear.

I requested a new seat earlier today. Super easy through a form on the website. Don’t want to be that guy who doesn’t get the replacement, the seat breaks, I get hurt and Peloton goes oops sorry bruv you should’ve taken heed to our recall.

1 Like

Wow that was quite easy. Took about a minute.

1 Like

Submitted mine for the recall as well. I didn’t get notified but my bike was the PL01 style (purchased directly from Peloton). Took one min to order it.

2 Likes

Not totally sure where to ask this and it’s tangentially related to Peleton, so here goes. I have some golf trips planned this summer with a shit load of golf planned. More than I’ve ever played in a 3 day span for both. I’m not in my 20s anymore and about to leave my 30s, so I’m concerned about my fitness.

I’ve had a Peleton for about 10 weeks, hit it 2-3 times a week with 1 strength class as well. Walked a couple rounds this season and generally feel pretty good about my fitness level. My question is, how do you think a Peleton translates to golf fitness?

1 Like

I’d recommend doing a lot of the arms and lightweight classes. They’re 10 minutes and a lot of high reps which should help with muscle fatigue in your upper body, shoulders, and back over the rounds.

1 Like

Do the stretches. I’ve done them 5 times a week every week this new year and feel so much better. My hips used to be so tight after every round and they feel so much better now.

I also try to do heavier rides not right before a golf day. I might do a 30 minute low impact the day or night before and then another low impact after the round.

1 Like

Have you done any particular stretch programs or just a general 5-10 minute stretch?