NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I was going to come past that l. You could have at least given @greebs a trigger warning!

2 Likes

Robin in all yellow delivers a tough class as per usual

1 Like

I am not sure who this class was designed for, but it was not my fat ass. The last set supposed to be over 90+ psssh. Nope

2 Likes

Jess Sims signed a deal with … PXG. A little bit of @marklemcd died that day

1 Like

They need to put one off those PXG Bullet patches on her tank top

No no no no. I died a bit when my girl Selena Samuela started repping PXG

2 Likes

Oh right, I got them confused.

This is distressing news about Selena. Sad times

1 Like

Was my first Robin Yellow class, and at first I was thinking, this isn’t so bad, by the end I hit a PR and hated my life.

6 Likes

Yeah that wasn’t easy. I had nothing left for the third block :joy: pretty fun though.

2 Likes

So I have COVID, which obviously isn’t ideal. Clearly I’m not riding right now but assuming many of you have had it before. How long did it take you to get back on the bike? To get your lungs back? Tips and thoughts appreciated.

1 Like

It took me about two weeks to test negative and I got back on the bike after that, but it took me almost three months to get back to my pre-COVID output

3 Likes

My wife and I did an in studio class this morning! Emma’s 30 min 2010s ride, it was such a fun experience to ride in person after getting into spinning 2 years ago. The facility is a pretty awesome place to visit……10/10 would recommend this actual class and if you ever are able to take a live class in person.

21 Likes

I had a similar experience as mentioned above; I had a really rough 36 hours with Covid but jumped back into low impact or recovery rides 5-7 days after testing positive. I think I did a regular ride around day 14 but still took it fairly easy. I remember going to the range that first time I was able to I got really winded just hitting shots

1 Like

Light Sunday ride during the college hoops nightcap.

3 Likes

subtitles?

Does anyone know the discrepancy between that Peloton calorie number and what my Whoop reports? The latter was around 295 which probably is way more accurate but was using it as my HR monitor so you’d think Peloton would use that?

English ride. Pretty banger playlist. She’s very boisterous - not my favorite but didn’t hate it either.

I noticed that my whoop heart rate data wasn’t very accurate. There were times that I was in the middle of sprints and my heart rate would drop under 150. I’ve switched over to a wahoo strap and think it’s a lot more accurate. Is the whoop showing higher or lower than peloton?

Lower. I find it hard to believe I am burning ~500 calories in a low impact ride like the bike is reporting. 300 feels about right. I’m debating on getting the arm band for it for day-to-day wearing so maybe that’ll help.