NLU Bandon 2022: Happy Anniversary

@TrajMahal

1 Like

I have a Mr. LaBeouf who’d like to speak with you…

1 Like

LOL. Gonna go out on a limb and say you’ll have to pay the independent contractors on your own.

14 Likes

I made sure she was on a work call, she looked over, gave me the look and a thumbs up. I think I’m good.

5 Likes

@LPondgolf you didnt have to pay for a caddy last week…time to pay up for my efforts out there

32 Likes

Question out of curiosity for transparency sake: looking at the package rates above and comparing them to normal room/green fees in April plus a little extra for dinners/lunches, the packages run at ~$500 premium compared to if you were to book this trip solo. Does NLU get a cut of this premium as profit for hosting an event? I assume Bandon is charging a little extra for all the special arrangements so it makes sense that some would be going directly to them.

Note that this should not be taken as a slight against NLU, purely an accountant that is bored and avoiding my actual work projects. I also get an extra week bump in vacation next year and the wife does not, so this sounds like a perfect time to use that

8 Likes

My god…

7 Likes

You gotta wait until you’re through the lottery to ask these questions, else your envelope will definitely be frozen.

16 Likes

I definitely thought about that potential but I figured I couldn’t be the only one that would look at that. They’re obviously free to ignore the question completely or just say “yeah it’s a premium that supports NLU” and call it good

1 Like

I can distill it down to this…

You get to play golf here with a bunch of really cool people who love the game.

12 Likes

As I procrastinate prior to taking my last practice exam for REG, here’s how I crunched the numbers:

Golf: $855 + tax
Lodging: $680 + tax
Food: $200 or so

With taxes considered it probably comes a couple hundred dollars short, but this is pretty immaterial and you get all the benefits of not having to plan, blocks of tee times with similar sickos, and I’m sure some other benefits.

7 Likes

Good luck with that, I took the exams almost 10 years ago but I still fully understand the procrastination side

2 Likes

@djpie - this is your friendly 8 month reminder to confirm a rental car for this trip.

19 Likes

No tax in Oregon on golf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m complete jaded by the recent trip to Wisconsin I planned. Good thing I’m about to take a tax exam.

1 Like

2022 is most likely totally booked (April most definitely is), so if you want to go then, this is a great option.

3 Likes

It’s $90 $500, if you dont like it you can leave.

20 Likes

In fairness, did you factor in a convivence fee? to get this booked and scheduled would take time and cost. NLU, is pretty open about what it takes to do things. They should be paying themselves in the time it takes to put together these large events. No different than booking with a travel agency for Scotland or Ireland.

3 Likes

18 Likes

I think @tjosu made it pretty clear he was just straight up comparing “cost of NLU trip” v. “same exact trip booked on my own” and it came out to a $500+ difference

I wondered the same thing, especially when it comes to discussing budget with the wife (obviously comes well after being chosen in the lottery), but then realizing the convenience of having a fully planned/scheduled trip in 7 months versus 17 months (a guess based on availability) is enough for me.

IMO, if we’re going to chalk it up to a convenience fee and that fee comes out to $500+/person, I think it is a fair inquiry.

13 Likes