NJ/Eastern PA MD/DE Let’s Play AC C.C

I think pretty much anyone within driving distance will be “in” in concept, but in case we get to the point of prioritizing on first-come, first served, consider this my “In” …

But we need to get date(s) for consideration as any kind of next step.

I’d propose a poll with whoever is deciding to be the leader of this event (@christopher ?) picking like 4 or 5 dates, can vote for multiple choices, and setting a cut-off for responses. Then going to the course to check availability based on responses.

@Derek_H, if/assuming we build a charitable component in like the rest of our Refuge events, do you think D.O.G. there would help on price at all?

Sounds like we already found our fearless leader. Thank you for your service @brutalbaum

1 Like

I am firmly in the “Consultant” realm at this point. Happy to be part of an organizing committee. But don’t want to steal @christopher’s idea or @Derek_H’s contact…

@brutalbaum I should see him on Sunday afternoon, so I’ll ask him what the possibilities are and get back to the group.

1 Like

I know @Craigstands was in contact with someone at the club as well. I have no issues helping to plan, but if we have 2 guise already in contact with people there, might as well let them take lead.

1 Like

I’m fine stepping back and just playing if y’all want to step to the forefront especially if there is contact with the director of golf. I can then focus on some RACDG events we have in the planning stage for this summer

1 Like

im interested if there’s room

1 Like

Yup.

@Derek_H let me know if there’s anything you need from me. I can take head counts and dates and anything else needed to get it off the ground .

1 Like

Been wanting a reason to play ACCC. Definitley interested

@christopher A head count would be great. From what I saw there’s no date yet but if we can get a general consensus of whether it’d be a weekday or weekend, and maybe which month, that would also be helpful in getting a better idea of potential cost.

1 Like

I’m interested too. North Jersey based. I played AC CC once and enjoyed it.

It’s not super long but forces you to make a good amount of risk/reward decisions as far as the line you want to take in. Its right along the bay so the wind can be a real factor.

We were looking to play ACCC last year but we couldn’t get people to commit. Whoever takes control of this please feel free to get in touch with @Craigstands and myself as we’re captains of the Philly and NY sub-chapters of the Northeast. If guys can get ACCC to allow us to get a block of tee times or even rent the course (might be way to expensive) we can rally the troops (not PXG troops) and then open it up to the rest of the refuge.

So I think 1st step is someone talking to ACCC (or other courses in the area. AC has great courses) and then we figure out dates.

As Logan mentioned, the captains of the RACDG northeast sub-chapters are working on something really good but will hold off until we have things solidified

5 Likes

I’m 100% in as long as I’m home on whatever date gets decided on.

Summers can get a bit hectic with the kids, but I would be in.

I’m based in Manhattan and definitely interested. Winter is killing me…

My vote would be mid week May pre Memorial Day. I think the club would be more receptive prior to Memorial Day and weekends There are more expensive & id imagine they would be less inclined to do group bookings

1 Like

Adding this to each of the Roll Call’s in the area as we work to migrate them

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652/189?u=flex