NIT Qualifier: The Windmill at Cedar Valley. 5/22/21 in Winona, MN. Place your bets!

Hi everyone-
I’m putting together some ideas on merch and I wanted to get some feedback. My thought was to combine some tee gifts into the cost of the event as well as the charitable donation. Also, it’s totally open to non-attending Refugees to order merch.
Before we get down to the brass tax, I wanted to see what everyone is interested in. Also, here is what the stitched logo would look like

Merchandise/tee gifts
  • Sunglasses
  • Hat
  • Towel
  • Tees
  • Coozy
  • MG golf Custom glove
  • Scorecard

0 voters

1 Like

Poll bump

@PinkPantser has graciously offered to make custom yardage books for this event. The books will be complimentary for all the attendees. I’m going to say that 4/23 is the cutoff for signing up and receiving a custom book.

Also, I am still working on the other merch and will be updating once I have it all finalized.

3 Likes

Event merch is fun and a tangible item that brings back memories while raising money for charity and something that the Refuge does really well. But where the Nesticles really shine is in challenges/gambling enthusiasm. So for this event we’re going to make some prop bets for all Nesticles to wager on.
I’m aware that traditionally odds are given and people can make money, but unfortunately I do not have a bankroll so the betting terms will be that if you lose, you donate and if you win then you keep your money. There is no minimum or maximum wager for a bet and there is no set amount for each bet either. You can bet $1 on one and $5 on another, perfectly fine.
We are currently compiling a list of prop bets The Windmill Prop bets
For example, there is a chugging contest shaping up and we are absolutely placing bets on the winner. We will be continuously updating the bets as we get closer to the event.
We’re open to ideas, so please feel free to reply or message me if you have an idea for a bet.

5 Likes

These prop bets are great, I’m in

1 Like

And Cedar Valley thinks they need to seduce me with ads.

2 Likes

Got my girlfriend to come out for the outing as well so, that’s at least one more…

3 Likes

Hell yeah.

Got a response from 2 more non-refugee feelers with “possible/likely yes” but can’t confirm just yet until their work schedule comes out for next month.

1 Like

I won’t need final numbers until a week before but I’m placing the order tonight for the coozies and yardage books, so anyone added after today will likely not get one of those. I will include your buddies in the count and if they can’t make it, no prob

If people are looking for best odds to secure a 2021 NIT spot, this event sure seems to be it

2 Likes

Or if you want to drink beers on the Mississippi, that’s a good reason too

2 Likes

Looks like it’s going to be great weather.

2 Likes

First rule of Minnesota events; don’t talk about the weather until you are on the first tee.

3 Likes

Tease…

True story…

Threw a couple names on the spreadsheet.

Who is meeting us at Ed’s?

3 Likes

Going to try and hit up Steinie’s one of the nights. It’s called something new but run by an bartender who’s been there a long time

1 Like

Well…shit. That’s an anvil to the penis.

Winona might be the Bandon Dunes for dive bars. So many gems.

4 Likes