NIT Qualifier: The Clash at Coronado GC May 23d

With our covid restrictions lifting here in LowCal we will be potentially hosing NIT qualifier on May 23rd at Coronado Golf Course in Coronado, California. The Clash at Coronado is open to everyone and you don’t have to be apart of the local RACDG group to patriciate.

A little info on Coronado Golf Course:

Ranked #5 nationally by Golf Digest for delivering the best golf value!

The Coronado Golf Course is one of the City of Coronado’s most treasured assets. Opened in 1957, it is rated as one of the best public golf courses in the nation. It is a favorite destination for local residents and celebrities alike, and Tee Times are available daily. Located just minutes from downtown San Diego over the iconic San Diego Coronado Bay Bridge, it offers beautiful San Diego harbor and downtown views, and is sure to be a favorite destination for anyone that enjoys the game of Golf.

The course measures 6,590 yards from the blue tees and is a par 72. Immaculate greens, wide inviting fairways and dramatic views coupled with incomparable weather, make Coronado a must-play for all golfers year round.

The winner of the event (net champion) will qualify for the NIT event later this year. The cost for the event is $95 dollars which includes golf, cart and range balls and the first tee time will be at 11am.

Please sign up on the following link:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rob

11 Likes

Very odd place. A golf course that should not exist, yet it does, and it is a charmer. Will not be in attendance but have fun to those who play.

4 Likes

Wish i could make it! Have fun @Rob_Roth ! Wear sun sleeves!

Can’t wait to slice one into the Pacific.

1 Like

Annoyingly, while I’m in the US in May and could have come, I’ve committed to the TGJ trip to Gearhart, which starts the same day. Bugger.

2 Likes

Great news we are now granted 1 spot from our winner to the NIT event later in the year!

1 Like

good catch! Now

1 Like

We are currently at 14 guys and have room for up to 40!

1 Like

just added my name to the google doc! should be fun!!

2 Likes

Just signed up! Excited to visit San Diego area for the first time.

6 Likes

I’m in to take up some space and pump a few into the bay.

Hey at least the views will be good as well!

1 Like

We are up to 19! Looking forward to getting together with everyone.

2 Likes

We are getting closer and the weather is looking great! We are at 21 and can fit up to 24, so please let me know if you’re interested in joining us!

2 Likes

Just signed up. Looking forward to it.

Nice! Going to also run a 2 man blind draw if you’re interested

I am going to email the group

Absolutely.

It’ll be a five hour round, but it’ll still be fun.

Based on feedback from the group we are going to make this a stableford - quota event to help with pace of play.

We have 24 and our registration is closed. Excited to share pictures from this upcoming Sunday!

1 Like

What a day!!! Congrats to @TNhacker for winning the Clash at Coronado with a +11 quota!! @JBoneCapone can in second with an impressive +7 (1st alt) and yourself came in with 0 for 2nd alt. I want to thank @Double_Bogey_Dave and the entire NLU crew and can’t wait until next year when we can host a full NIT qualifier (without covid restrictions).

Enjoy the photos as we have a ton of them!

3 Likes