NIT Qualifier Hoosier Day @ Harrison Hills Golf Club & Purdue Golf Complex 6/25 - 6/26

Towels, scorecard holders, and valuables pouches are always options. Same with divot tools and ball markers. I would throw out an event bag tag, but it seems like most Roost’s are deep in the bag tag game

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed the same thing on the bag tags. Lotta roosts are doing tags. Love the towel Idea and ball marker. 2 things you can’t have too many of.

yeah I almost said ball marker/divot tool as well. Can never have too many of those.

1 Like

Those also shouldn’t be to bad in terms of pricing either I wouldn’t think!

Found some good spots for towels and a good idea for ball marks too that people will like!

3 Likes

Folks Folks… Here we go. Drop your info in here. I’m sure this will change a bit as we go.

1. cost is TBD last year was around $250 I would expect something similar this year maybe a shade more
  2. I’m working on getting us access to the pool @ HH between rounds. Probably going to add about $10 to your cost if you choose yes. For those that attended last year… Twas hot.
  3. I am looking at other charity situations
  4. Going to try and do a raffle to benefit charity. Tickets will be out once I get an idea of some prizes.
  5. if you have someone that isn’t on the refuge that wants to come, refugees get first dibs but I don’t think we will have any issue getting people in.

If I missed something, feel free to make changes/let me know and I can make changes. I had a blast having everyone out to some of my favorite spots in Indiana hopeful to get more this year!

3 Likes

Decided to stick with June instead of mid august?

Also, in true refuge fashion the google sheet is read only (shout out the duck race thread!)

1 Like

I’ll fix that! I thought it was set for everyone but Google has done me wrong. I went with the voting and looked like that weekend in June was the most heavily selected. August would have also been tough for me to swing as well.
Sheet has been updated should be good to go!

FYI We need 40 people signed up for a spot in the NIT. I want to get a few more that that so we can rent out HH for the day. If we can rent HH for the day, the afternoon would consist of a par 3 challenge.

3 Likes

helicoptering in from the second city with a question for ya @Jalspurg after chatting about this event with @brettfreddy5 this wkd

What’s the price estimation for the golf only? I’m thinking about driving down to play with my brother who’s the typical tight budget purdue student. I’d be covering our donations, raffles and all that but can’t let him freeload too much so wanted to see if he can manage the entry fee

currently on an nlu event high after march mudness at kankakee elks so really hoping to make this one work too, looks awesome

edit: second question on that - he’s just recently picked up the game. no official handicap (probably around a 20-25) but also not a nest member. all okay there with no hdcp as he wouldn’t be competing for an NIT spot?

3 Likes

Hey there! So last year I did a $20 donation per person. So that would still probably be in the $200 ball park. However, @ Purdue, he would be able to use his student discount which I believe is pretty solid. I will find out a bit more as I get people signed up and quotes on golf, food etc. I was suppose to be at Muddness and could have answer some questions!! Conflicts caused it to not work out, sadly.

Great thanks, good to know. I’m gonna go ahead and throw us down on the sign up!

1 Like

@BDeck25 :eyes:

Good looking out! Threw my info in there.

@Jalspurg let me know if you need/want any help planning, happy to help out. And if you find out about being able to use the Purdue savings cards to take some cost off, would make up the difference straight to charity of choice.

2 Likes

Sweet action! I’ve got the courses set up just trying to see how many we can get. If it isn’t too many, we can always have it as a meet up. If you know people get em involved!

2 Likes

I’ll bump it on the Indiana page again, work your magic on those FCF members to get us up closer to that 40 for an NIT spot!

2 Likes

I’m interested in at least one if not both days but that weekend is a ~very fluid situation~ in my household currently. When do you need firm commits by?

1 Like

Getting out for a “practice round” tomorrow at Harrison Hills! Looks like the 3rd time may finally be the charm to get to play there!

2 Likes

Hate im gonna miss this event. . . had a good time last year.

2 Likes

@Jalspurg think I can use this for the event?