NIT Qualifier: 2021 Sweltering Swamp Invitational

Do we know what tees we are playing from?

I don’t have an answer but it looks like the tees won’t be the Orange because those are only available by permission :unamused:

https://markbostickgolfcourse.com/scorecard

There has to be a story behind this…

1 Like

I’m curious as well.

Yes — $10 pushcart rentals

1 Like

probably a little ghin check before they let people out there

3 Likes

I was out golfing this morning for the first time in over a week since we’ve had storms every day, striking when the iron is hot and ended up having a half decent round.

I spoke with the course director and here’s some answers to questions:

Mostly everyone will be playing the blue tees, with the exception of MrsJD, who will play the front or front adjacent (her choice @JDinDelray but it’s a big jump from 5100~ → 5800~), and our 5 and under hcp will play from the orange tees.

The course has about 10 push carts available, but I might be able to get one from a buddy if he can’t make it.

To expand on that, our rate, $50 is with carts included (push or electric), and range balls are also included!

If your hcp has moved since your signup date, please adjust your hcp so we’re playing our best games out there. For me, as a high capper, I went up 3 and back down 4 since posting this months ago so I’m sure there will be some changes needed.

I forgot to ask about this when I was on the phone but we can find out Sunday when I meet up with the director before the round. I imagine it has to do with keeping up with pace of play and preventing dudes from playing the tips when they have no business playing that far back (even on a short course).

There’s apparently a few spots where the true tips are, but those are only for the UF golf team and their competition. However, those probably won’t be marked we should be good with the markers that are laid out the day of the event.

If someone needs any more info, please let me know. The course address is 2800 SW 2nd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32607 and there should be ample parking for our group. If you run into any issues, let me know ASAP and we’ll get it sorted but do not park outside of the course’s parking lot (due to towing reasons).

Lastly, there will be a closest-to-the-pin and longest drive contest for charity, $10 per entry, with a prize for the winners.

3 Likes

One more thing, I picked up the trophy and…well, let’s just say it’s more than I could have ever dreamed. I wanted something obnoxious, tacky even, something that would provide a great story for the winner and the trophy builder totally came through.

I will say it’s significantly larger than I expected but they knocked it out of the park either way, even finding our thread for the image on their own for the top of the trophy cup.

Ps pardon my shitty grass

15 Likes

giphy

Love to see it.

2 Likes

I’ll ask her. I truly don’t know already. Neither would surprise me. Hopefully next one she won’t be the only female.

1 Like

2 Likes

I want that trophy so badly.

2 Likes

1 Like

Trophy looks siiiick man. Can’t wait to launch ‘em with you all this weekend!

8 Likes

Heads up, today’s round has been moved to Ironwood Golf Course due to the other muni course flooding, and times for Sunday are live on the spreadsheet.

2 Likes

Today’s groupings are

9:00 ryanc
bogeytax
theduffster
sfairholm28
9:10 JDinDelray
MrsJD
eightyone
crown
9:20 DrJBone
Fourright
jtshelly
billyculture
9:30 schikolas
pga_alltheway
offthedole
2ndguystripeshow
9:40 sammetro
sammetro+1
big_randeer
erm33
9:50 shankhappens
mitchstephens_11
bdw8487
timely
10:00 mattybeezy
grizzle
espineta
Taylor
10:10 ntpaaymans
bradhines
mrzornow

I’m greatly saddened to say that I’m getting word that due to the rain that carts and the range will not be available. I’m working with them now to see if we can get a handful of carts for cart-path only, but we might not have an option. A true you hate to see it, but we will persevere. See you all out there soon!

2 Likes

Just got back into Jax, great venue!
Great job @Schikolas !

8 Likes

Had an awesome time today, first class event put on by @Schikolas

The course was solid, would play there again in a heartbeat.

Shoutout to Jigz Liquor in Gainesville, stopped there before getting on 75 and they had a bottle of Eagle Rare which was very reasonably priced.

8 Likes

Get you a little roadie @Big_RanDeer?
I swear no one gets after it harder at events than this gui
Is it possible to have a negative recovery on Whoop?

5 Likes

The walk was tough today

6 Likes