Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

Yeah, what else can I say but wow. Thank you @Randy, @Soly, @MerchCzar, @Tron, @djpie, and of course @Privatecollection for an unfuckingbelievable weekend. My feet still hurt, my knees hurt, I’ve got calluses on my hands, and I had the most fun I’ve ever had playing golf despite playing slightly better than shitty. Every Refugee I’ve met in real life has been an absolute delight to be around so I had pretty high expectations for the NIT, and I was still absolutely blown away.

I wanna shoutout basically everybody but in the interest of space I’ll tag a few of you in another post.

Obligatory photo dump:

I may have overpacked

Getting the damn thing underway

Round 1, fight!

s/o @Fluff

Powwow with @Joezwickl , Fluff, the Pie man, and @JScore (love you brother)

Sunday bonus round: Winter Park 9 with @chefcycle. This place is truly too good.

r e d a n

BRENDAN!

20 Likes

Everyone is doing obligatory shout outs now?

In that case a big shout out to @anon47037505 and the “We See Cat” team photo for inspiring me to go on a diet post-event.

16 Likes

preach.

2 Likes

Along with the pink pants, the vibe was strong.

1 Like

first of all a huge thank you to everyone who put on this event, it was truly a week to remember. I want to start off this post by issuing one of, if not the first official call out for the 2021 NIT. @JCO I want another run at the champ. We were in the same flight, and despite neither of our best golf on our first 9 of the final round, I was only 4 points back, and proceeded to go bogey, bogey, six straight doubles and of course finish my round with my first par in a long time on the last. Turns out when your wife @LPondgolf ditches you while in contention to go watch a guy play left handed @Tron it gets in your head a bit. Clint was awesome and we had a great walk out there, a true gentleman as they say. Congrats on the win.

Had a blast picking up the bag for @RonniepND in the final round. I had already slugged a few IPAs before his first tee ball in the championship and was a bit taken back when all he asked for was a water on the first tee. Despite some early struggles battled through and convinced him drinking was the only way to right the ship by the 10th tee. made a run at it and finished t-3.

It was also a pleasure to watch a true pros pro @djpie maintain the crowds and keep his player @ChickPhilA steady despite the crowds desire to #getinvolved. Its no wonder he always finds a loop with the elite women of the game.

lastly shoutout to @anon24718094 and @OTPLefty for the great wine and bourbon shares.

19 Likes

I give you 3:1 odds you’ve blown your diet by XMas Eve.

9 Likes

FTFY

10 Likes

I’ll give you 50 bucks that you blow it. Oh wait…

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

…might I interest you in a dumb contest to keep you locked in on this goal?

9 Likes

And much more accurate. I was just giving you some hope for gain.

But we all know what happens were witnesses for when you’re facing 3:1 odds in a slam-dunk situation.

3 Likes

Finally! Some NIT outrage! Grab the pitchforks and torches.

19 Likes

People are saying that my swing can get a little TOO loose after pounding 12 drinks and smoking endless cigars.

5 Likes

Yeah…that lens and angle were touuuugghhhh.

Speaking of pics, @Privatecollection where can we see the photos? Will they be on the golfgenius site?

It’s pretty rare that I find myself in a situation that I’m underdrunk enough to notice when someone else is really drunk. You and @OTPLefty each made me proud this weekend.

7 Likes

I’ll need to read through the thread…does the guy who gains the most weight get a new rangefinder?

8 Likes

Does he get a Precision Pro Rangefinder if he finishes last? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He took the first night and I handled the last one. Serendipity for the two suckers that ended up as roommates.

3 Likes

You get a more accurate scale.

1 Like

Sir, please make sure to cite the original poster when making the same joke.

5 Likes

@MrVinegar206, congrats on the beer and thanks for a fucking awesome Saturday afternoon. Can’t wait to play with you again. @TheThirdSnell, after knocking it around for a few extra holes Saturday I don’t want to see you bitching about your low handicap ever again. Great meeting you dude. @Ben, @AirMailWedges, @phegs32, @Joezwickl, @CSquared07, @MattyB, on and on and on. I enjoyed hacking it around with you guis immensely. @anon24718094, of course, thank you and the rest of the Refuge Wine Society for some fucking great wine. Last but not least, @Lazstradamus. Always a pleasure, my friend.

13 Likes