Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

Weekly call is at 930. Let me see about it…

Ok so do I need to sign some sheet or read any legal fluff to become official now?

Tell him I’m good for lots of cash and he won’t need to bring cash for beer I have him covered.

I’ll send you what you need to do.

Ok done

1 Like

can i give this dad joke a thumbs down?

1 Like

I can take a proper drop - because i frequently have to…
Nassau Bahamas?
I usually don’t press my shirts…
If you tell me Alanis Morissette is good music we are gonna have a problem.
I can dance…but usually choose not to.
Seve: I hit, I hit, I hit, I hit, I hit…I make.

My original language is Yooper…if you don’t know what this is, don’t draft me.

oh and GO GREEN

4 Likes

Ok, given that this is in my backyard I’m in. I added my name to the spreadsheet as #85.

@SpartanButters @weirdfishes- I live just behind 6 green and am happy to help with any local logistics. Don’t hesitate to ask.

I can’t take of all day Friday but might be able to play mid-afternoon somewhere, and can definitely play more on Sunday. Whomever is putting together those other rounds let me know! I can get us onto the UM course at a more reasonable rate, but tee times aren’t available until a week before.

Also, it’s been mentioned but Rackham is a dry course. It’s specified in the deed for the property from Horace Rackham that no alcohol can be sold. Having said that, it’s not stringently enforced, but don’t think you’re going to roll us with a yeti and a 30 rack of PBR. Gotta be smart about it.

5 Likes

4 Likes

atta boy @Lazstradamus!!! God’s Country…the Homeland. side note - if anyone wants a sick late summer/early fall trip head here. some driving involved between stops but there’s some legit tracks I’ll be happy to point you in the proper directions…

2 Likes

I have been following this thread but haven’t had much time lately to comment. We’ve had a crazy stressful couple of weeks lately with Max, and I just wanted to thank everyone for not only putting all your heads together to continually brainstorm this particular event (between the food discussions), but also provide me a genuine smile every time I log in and see the insanity of wherever the conversation has rambled to.

For those of you that are interested in learning more about Max, my wife is a hell of a writer (my unbiased opinion) and she does a great job of honestly sharing what’s been going on lately on her blog: http://persucksisomalbiogenesisdisorder.blogspot.com/2020/02/ok-so-what-now.html

With three ER trips in the last several days and lots of being on constant alert for bleeding - we’re ready to be done with this particular curveball. Surgery is set for tomorrow morning, so if anyone feels moved we’d appreciate a quick prayer or kind thought for the little dude.

Oh, and as far as the draft goes I may be a few months’ shy of 40 but if there’s an old guy team I want in - I’m confident I have enough gray hair to help me fit right in.

Until then…please keep the lively discussion going - there’s something to be said for completely mindless distractions! Thanks everyone. Feels like we’re due to get back to food any minute now anyway…

42 Likes

What a beautiful video attached to that article. Thinking of all of you.

2 Likes

Sending best wishes to you and your family. I will be sure to keep you all in my prayers.

2 Likes

@tchap80, You’re on the prayer list. Good luck, we’re with you.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing here. I’ve been thinking about Max and your family since I read that article. Your wife is a great writer and clearly has a really strong spirit.

4 Likes

Hi all, Newbie here, figure I would throw this in here. Do any of you all have any advice for Midwest golf courses for charitable donations that would donate rounds to a 501c3 charity? As @tchap80 mentioned we are also working on another benefit for his son Max here locally and are working on getting silent auctions together. I have tried to reach out to a bunch, but thought I would throw this out here to see what others in the community have to say

Thanks all,
https://one.bidpal.net/teeitup4gfpd/welcome

2 Likes

oh boy oh boy oh boy

Thanks everyone for the kind words, prayers, and notes. Just got home from a long day, but surgery seemed to go well and all he has now is just a few stitches across his nose. Should be all healed up over the next couple of weeks.

This was right when we got the discharge orders - he was feeling done with everything! He eventually was a lot happier when we finally got home tonight.

43 Likes

NWO Hollywood is your home, brother.

2 Likes

“Honey! Did you dust the bedroom lately? My eyes won’t stop watering.”

2 Likes