Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

A requirement? That’s more like a gift!

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Finally!! Can’t believe The Nature Boy was on the sidelines until now!

From the office of Steve (Cincinnati, OH):

Thank you Mr. White for the nomination as Ombudsman.

It is a privilege to serve with the one and only @SpartanButters, a name of such fame and distinction I am always blown away that Andy and Brendan cannot remember it’s association with the likely winner of hot take and post of the year in the Shreffies, and @weirdfishes.

The Strong Like Stella committee put a lot of work into last week’s event. But, it hardly seemed like work when everything was being done for such a great cause and the opportunity to see the satisfaction on the faces of all my fellow Refugees.

In this role, I will make sure that Duel II to the Death: Welcome to the Terrordome Benefitting Max-a-Million Dollar Boy Presented by the Refuge implements the things that worked well at the first Duel as well as improves upon the things that did not. Hopefully, this committee will come up with some new surprises for everyone. And, most importantly, I hope to help the committee and this event raise lots of money for @tchap80 and family.

Lastly, I look forward to reprising my role as match official as @JBors so enjoyed this old guy calling out scores in the first Duel.

Signed,
Steve
aka Koko B. Ware

11 Likes

Guise,

I am humbled and honored to accept the position of co-chairgui for the yet-to-be officially named Duel in Detroit – For Max. Getting to share this responsibility with likes of @SpartanButters is incredible. His theory on Brooksy scheduling tournaments to avoid attending weddings with his girlfriend has changed the landscape of golf in ways we cannot possibly understand.

The history of Rackham is inspiring. The land was donated by Horace Rackham with the express purpose of making golf accessible for everyone - at a time where African Americans were not allowed to set foot on golf courses. In 1936, Erlon Davis became the first African American head golf pro in the entire country. Joe Louis played this course on a regular basis.

Rackham is a very special place for me. I grew up in Royal Oak, just miles from the course. My first full 18 holes of golf were played at Rackham – much before I ever even considered myself a golfer. Few things bring me more joy than hearing the sounds of the Detroit Zoo coming in on the back nine.

It’s fucking awesome that so many people are ready to come to play for such a good cause.

And yeah, I’ll be taking Vince.

-Ben

18 Likes

finally

5 Likes

Reading the thread this morning and seeing nothing but wrestling avatars has entered my all time great life moments:

1. Kids being born
  2. Marriage to wife
  3. Seeing @GRWhitehead hair in person
  4. Duel in Detroit morphing into Wrestlemania III
9 Likes

@jimithng23

1 Like

I’ve been told that was Bill Clinton?

2 Likes

All these wrestling gifs are really going to stretch my like supply. At which point can we get @McSchvantz to give us some more wiggle room?

Exactly.

Unless anyone here is comfortable talking about their roid rage.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-carlitos-way/7953/5430?u=nandersen

3 Likes

hell yeah @weirdfishes let’s fuckin go

Wrestler HHH, I’m nowhere near an executive

@McSchvantz, a little help here please?

#HellyaBROTHER!

1 Like

Mark Crossfield is also coming?

5 Likes

I know nothing about wrestling. Honestly, my wife knows far more than I do.

I do know that Vince has endless gif potential.

2 Likes

Alright now that I’ve accounted for some updates, here’s a list of who has who and wrestling free agents:

Now I could be totally wrong, but it looks like the Ultimate Warrior is actually unclaimed. Folks please let me know if you see any errors or would like to change.