Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

This guy out here BRAGGING about sandbagging.

I hereby move that all players shall use their 12-month low handicap.

Except for @OTPLefty, who must use 80% of his 12-month low cap.

3 Likes

Awesome I’ll update the chart :slight_smile:

I’ll be glad to put on a quick chipping and pitching demo for anyone with questions. I stink.

4 Likes

I bought my UMGC pass last week. Happy to book a group at the 2 week mark if needed.

2 Likes

We have a perfect 16 with 4 hosts right now. It is almost like a mini-event!

3 Likes

Totally missed the UM spreadsheet. Sorry to ruin your perfect 16 haha

You said your buddy that is coming could host right? If so I guess you are starting the next foursome!

2 Likes

I’m in.

Looks like we are at 19 since @papateeps +1 was double counted (I removed him from the non host list)

Correct. Sorry for the confusion!

Can those with a pass and 2 week booking window do more than 1 tee time?

I think one of the hosts calls and explains the situation that we have multiple people with the pass and want to book a block of tee times.

2 Likes

Yeah, I believe this is correct.

MASSIVE UPDATE:

We are just over a month away from Maxamania, and things are officially moving quickly.

Merch:
The merch site is LIVE. Shoutout to @sundaybag and the folks at Levelwear for helping to get this up and running. The hoodies and red long sleeve might literally be too good. Merch orders can be placed between now and April 27th, so get them in!

The way this will work is Levelwear will ship all merch orders directly to the course for pickup day of the event. I saw this work flawlessly at March Mudness, and the stuff is very high quality.

Merch Site: Maxamania – Levelwear Drop Ship (US)

Tee Marker Purchase:

I have worked with @Carlitos on developing custom tee markers for the event. These are for purchase with all proceeds going directly to Max and his family. An absolutely great momento to display in your office, man cave, etc.

These can be purchased for $30. If you’d like one you can venmo me @joshborysiak and put “Tee Marker” as the comment.

Raffle/Auction/Other:
We should be getting pictures of the available items in the coming days. Raffle tickets can be purchases day of the event when you check in. Auction will run on the refuge in the days leading up to the event.

We will also be selling merch packets - including a few stickers, tees from Carl’s Golfland, and discount coupons to Dunham’s. These will be available for $5 day of the event, again with all proceeds going directly to Max.

Competition Format:

Morning:
The morning round will consist of a team event based on net stableford scoring. Local rules will be in place.

The first NIT spot will go to the individual with the highest net stableford score. They will also receive a custom trophy that will be presented at the event.

Afternoon:
The top two teams from the morning session will then compete in ROYAL RUMBLE (derby) to determine our final NIT spot. The derby will be played on the Ross Loop, sherpa’d by @SpartanButters.

For those who do not make the derby, the rest of the course is yours! @Lazstradamus and I will also be playing our duel match, so feel free to watch some of the action, especially as we make the turn to the second nine.

27 Likes

Quick follow up on the merch site - proceeds from the merch sold will be donated to Max and the children that suffer from Peroxisomal Biogenesis Disorder. Great opportunity to get further involved in the charity and get something in return for it (besides a full heart!).

19 Likes

I’m quite sure I am not the only one wondering if/how we can order something if we aren’t able to make it to the event?
Might not logistically be possible but I figured I’d ask.

4 Likes

If people wanted to do that I’d be happy to grab those at the event and then ship them out to people. Would just ask that they cover shipping (should be $5-7 I imagine).

3 Likes

I’d definitely buy something to support the cause and would obviously happily cover shipping costs. I also don’t want to create another task for you to undertake with all the other stuff going on around the event.

3 Likes

Absolutely worth it for me because it means more money for Max and more people wearing sick merch.

5 Likes

I’m playing there on Friday. I can ask in the clubhouse to get more clarification just to be sure.

2 Likes