March Mudness Part 3 2023

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 9.59.28 AM

7 Likes

Even I could figure it out. /returned

1 Like

Just had an electric call with Jim from Kankakee Elks.

• $40 all day rate including lunch
  • $10 for a cart
  • he’s going to have TV’s outside
  • fire pits are a “go”
  • he’s also procured a hoop so @OTPLefty can relinquish efforts

I believe all that’s left to say is LFG

29 Likes

I’d say this will be worth the 3-hour drive

5 Likes

Big question is if we will be upgraded from “No Lay Up” to “No Laying Up”. Would settle for “No Layin’ Up”, but nothing less.

7 Likes

He also was there with someone from Chicago Golf Magazine who may be interested in doing an article about the event.

Live look at me explaining:

• The Refuge
  • The NIT
  • Roosts
  • Chicagoland Match Play Round 1*
  • The Mudness format

30 Likes

Gotta add in the crossover Match Play Tourney in round 1.

4 Likes

4 hrs…

3 Likes

anyone planning on doing some recon in the coming weeks? After all, no better way to remind the significant other that golf season is back by spending multiple weekends in March in Kankakee.

7 Likes

4.5 hour drive + (CST → EST) = Home at 1am… LFG

7 Likes

Dang. Opposite direction. I’m picking @grandpa_jones up on my way through QC. Was gonna offer to carpool!

2 Likes

I did this last year and am not opposed to getting out there again soon.

2 Likes

i can be the local tour guide, i need some outdoor golf in my life right now

3 Likes

Omg you’re coming from IC?!!! Love to see it.

6 Likes

This upcoming 60 degree Saturday would like a word

2 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing

Lots of talk about the guys not making the trip.

@djpie — did mr “just outside Chicago” decide this was just outside the realm of possibility this year? Maybe thought the weather last year was just too good?

@Soly — as a former Chicago resident can we get him back for the beautiful March weather? Maybe he and @Hoiball can trade stories from the old shop?

@Randy — is a basketball themed golf event too “sick fucking sick” even for The Large Randall?

As for @Tron and @MerchCzar — this their chance to prove the brothers Schuster best the OBannons, the Rushes, and yes, even the Plumlees as the brothers who truly mastered March. Perhaps just too much family pride at stake.

22 Likes

Man. I’ve been delaying this post because I know it will only generate anger and not get any sympathy, but, with the delayed NLU Scotland trip falling the week after MM2 and then the NLU Bandon trip a week after that… this one is not in the cards this year. Like the boys getting a release to play in the Bonesaw, I guarantee I will be at March Mudness in a near-term future season.

19 Likes

I think we need to try and get you a Mudness beanie to wear during your visit to Scotland than. Feels like a good make do for ya.

5 Likes

Hell yes! Will coordinate with @TeddyPargame!

1 Like