Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Short blue Pall Malls, bud.

2 Likes

Oh, manā€¦ saw this event and started to do some logistical diggingā€¦ Thereā€™s a direct flight from Orange County to Des Moines on Allegiant for $275+bag fees. True strapped vibes all around. I may be in on this.

Is there still room? Are you capping at a certain number?

4 Likes

Just going to keep throwing this outā€¦

Me and @RunItOut are playing TPC @ Deere Run next Sunday the 29th. I got 2 spots open for 7:05am, would love for some refugees to join us. DM if interested.

2 Likes

Hey @jimithng23 and @tj_denawli you guys have anything better to do this particular weekend? I mean, while I doubt it, I thought Iā€™d askā€¦

3 Likes

Do itā€¦Iā€™m flying in from Montana for whatā€™s sure to be the top Strapped inspired event of 2022!

2 Likes

Still room, but I am sure we will have to cap it at a certain point.

Wish I could join, but unfortunately will be travelling back home from a work meeting that Friday and wonā€™t be able to make it.

2 Likes

Was going to keep it a bit of a surprise, but kinda want to get this thing locked in. Sunday mornings round is a ā€œcomplimentary roundā€ so no money is required from you. Itā€™s a $125 value so Iā€™d like to help someone get a chance to ā€œplay where the pros playā€ for the price of ā€œFree Ninety-Nineā€

8 Likes

Wish I could. Havent played there in awhile. 3 days of member guest this week are taking my golf allowance :unamused:

2 Likes

I live in Ames and would love to join yā€™all.

6 Likes

I already knew you were an incredibly gracious & kind gentleman, so this isnā€™t a surprise, but it definitely reinforces that status.

3 Likes

Can we just commend this person on joining the Nest, commenting, and then being willing to drive 3 hrs to make a 7am tee timeā€¦

ALL IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE ABOUT 6 MINS?

15 Likes

I meant to participate in the original event (Bud Tent Race) not the Deere Run offer. Iā€™m originally from Northern Illinois so it would probably be an hour and a half drive if I just stayed at my parents.

I am new so if I messed up the messaging/replying on here I apologize.

Honestly, I would love to play Deere Run and I would definitely make that drive but Iā€™ll be in MSP watching the Royals play the Twins this weekend.

4 Likes

Hey, now worries at all!

Welcome, and get yourself on the spreadsheet for the event in August! Plenty of guis in DSM area to meet up with in the meantime for a round as well.

4 Likes

watching the Royals play the Twins

As a long-suffering Twins fan, why?

3 Likes

Iā€™m a huge Brewers fan but the 6 hour drives to see them play is just too far. My girlfriendā€™s family happen to be huge Royals fans so I adopted them as my AL team. Iā€™ve never been to Target Field so Iā€™m really looking forward to it.

2 Likes

It is a good ball park, at least. Ramp B is the pro move for parking :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

This description makes it sound like weā€™re living parallel lives. Rockford area?

Kind of. More Freeport or Galena than Rockford. Iā€™m from a really small town.

2 Likes

No worries, Iā€™m from Byron, so I know the area decently well. If you get back to the area, Prairie View Golf Club is a solid course nearby. Highly recommend

2 Likes