Golf and Photography

My best photo from Tobacco Road. I got perfect light in the morning.

38 Likes

Back from the dead to post this picture I took the last time I was in Southern Pines. Here’s Mid Pines #5 green from #2 tee box as they watered early that morning. We were the first ones out that day (12/28/2021).

14 Likes

That’s some really, really good stuff there. Great shot!

My only cool golf photo taken in like an iPhone 8 lol. Aroostook Valley Country Club (cool history around prohibition) taken as I stepped out of my tent (players camp at the putting green for tournament week).

10 Likes

Awesome picture. Have you tried it black and white or greyscale?

Never tried anything - forgot I had it until looking at this thread tbh

Took a walk around Langston GC with some DC refugees this weekend. Figured I would bring my camera to get some practice before shooting roost events this summer. Feedback is appreciated!

13 Likes

23 Likes

3 Likes

Fun time at Jax Beach muni with Harrison and Duke. Thanks for letting tag along.

5 Likes

High School match in Delaware at DuPont Country Club - shot by my buddy (Gavin Bethell, Instagram - gshotpictures) who does basketball photography professionally.

8 Likes

AI Servo giveth - and AI Servo taketh away

(I love this btw)

1 Like

Grey and misty morning in NEO today. All shot by Ohiojohnny

22 Likes

A few early in the edit process from our southern california NIT qualifier

12 Likes

Why did you put the linksoul filters on these? Or does socal look like this all the time?

6 Likes

I’ve often wondered this and now I’m asking-

How do people get that nice muted tone of green/blue/brown that I call the “golfers journal filter” in my internal dialogue?

Is it just golden hour light? Do these places just have a hue because the lands been kissed by some combo of God, Coore/Crenshaw, Doak, and Dye, or is it something you do as the photographer?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Lol- great minds think alike I guess.

1 Like

There is some WB color shift preloaded into my fuji camera to help create a film-esque color palette similar to kodak chrome film.

White balance adjustment :+1:

1 Like

Which film sim?