Golf and Photography

It’s likely heading to the Bay of E’s over the weekend if I don’t have anyone interested! Just giving it a last call here.

Only shot from my entire roll of film I actually liked

Somehow double exposed this. Cursed but interesting golf photo feat. my houseplant

6 Likes

Where was that tee box photo taken? Looks like Mt. Woodson near Escondido

Close. Temecula Creek Inn, stonehouse course.

1 Like

I carry a d7000 and an rx100 iv. How do you get those shallow depth of field shots with rx100? I would prefer to just carry the little guy. Strapping the big rig to the bag is heavy😂.

Some of my best stuff from last year here:

3 Likes

Sorry, misleading, the example you linked is from my Fuji.

This post has RX100V samples though. You have to toggle through the settings, but shooting in portrait or sport really helps. It has a Zeiss 1.8 lens so you should be able to get crazy depth of field whenever you want to.

For anyone that flies drones, do you get permission from the golf course before you fly over them? If you do, do you email them ahead of time or just ask the day of? Just curious how to go about that process as I’m still new to the drone world

Prairie Dunes

22 Likes

Wow, that first picture is stunning

3 Likes

I fully agree! DAAAANG!

@nickp Great hole. Made you feel real small on the tee. Shows what you can do with well planted trees.

Couple other tree features
Saint-Cloud

Old Town

Morfontaine

9 Likes

Allow me to illustrate my shot shape at least 8/10 times on this one

16 Likes

Gray’s Crossing Truckee California

21 Likes

5 Likes

Golden hour at Elie

22 Likes

14th tee at Rustic a few months back

5 Likes

A quick one of my home course after a quick evening shower.

11 Likes

Pine Valley

Last picture is last summer on the 10th, still the closest I’ve ever been to a hole in one. Hit a cut gap wedge from about 130, ball landed 10 feet left and spun towards the pin, stopping about 2 inches short. The things I would do for another roll out of that ball…

26 Likes

oh boy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

New toy. Ricoh GR III

Just some goofing off around the house but I’m excited to dial this in. Big leaning curve as I’ve just been doing a dummy proof film camera the last year. Very excited to get this out of the golf course.

17 Likes