Gearhart Regional (June 10-13, 2021) - The Crew Takes On A Late Spring Pineapple Express Storm

Conspiracy Nut in me thinks the small field size is a cover for limiting the amount of West Coast NIT entries. Big Media has always had an East Coast Bias.

Sounds fantastic though. Fingers crossed on the lottery.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree, but currently 1 out of every 4 participants receive an NIT invite

1 Like

Facts have no place in conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Hello, new here! Would love to be a part of this tripā€¦ New to Oregon as well, and loved the Oregon Tourist Sauce. Gearhart looks awesome, and McMenamins are all killer. Is this how this works?

1 Like

LOVE IT. Glad you guys are making it back out after last year fell through. Born and raised Seaside/Gearhart local here. Definitely putting in for the lottery and am happy to help out if anyone on here has any questions on making their way out to the coast.

2 Likes

This sounds incredible, Gearhart showed so well last season.

1 Like

Geez finally got one in my back yard and I have to hope to win a lotteryā€¦

Alright count me in

Brenda

3 Likes

well done @Tron

Oh I think there has to be a sponsors exemption!

@djpie

2 Likes

@Geaugolf Brenda, on behalf of the committee, Iā€™d like to formally extend a sponsorā€™s exemption to you for this event. @djpie and others have lobbied on your behalf and it would be a huge miss if you werenā€™t there.

28 Likes

LOVE YOU GUYS!! Iā€™m in!!

9 Likes

And thatā€™s a problem how?..: LOL

1 Like

@Tron Any idea on a date for the lottery? Not that Iā€™m going to count down to the minute or anythingā€¦

7 Likes

@Tron said early March sometime. Iā€™m trying to tactically plan for alternative solutions should I not get lucky in the lottery. Maybe theyā€™ll have a ā€œlocal optionā€ for ppl who donā€™t need the whole itinerary package and it wonā€™t count against their numbersā€¦

1 Like

Canā€™t tell you how excited I am to finally get to a refuge event!!

Mr Geau Golf is jealous!!

10 Likes

Local to Portland and hoping to get in!

Highland is a fun (and short) beer track - leave your big sticks in the car and plan for crispy iron shots and some challenging putts. If you are flying in - Pumpkin Ridge is right off the drive going West from PDX to Gearhart. The Reserve isnā€™t too far off your route either and a little easier if youā€™re walking straight off the flight.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the lottery registration. Iā€™m from Washington and have been dreaming about Gearhart since I saw Tourist Sauce.

4 Likes

Im a member at Pumpkin Ridge. if theres anyone who wants to get in on a round at Pumpkin let me know ok? Ill make arrangements.

Brenda

12 Likes

Gearhart is my ā€œsweetheart courseā€. In 2014, I played this course for the first time since its wholesale renovations while I was on a trip. The next day, I had lunch on the patio with my girlfriend, then we walked out to beach and I proposed.

A year later we stopped at the hotel for the first two nights of our ā€œmini-moonā€ where we traveled along the Oregon coast. I even got her to play a round with me!

When tron did that first crash course visit, I was like: image

And then when the course made another appearance on the latest sauce, I told tron Iā€™d be happy to volunteer and help coordinate an event there some day. Looks like itā€™s all squared away, and sounds like a total blast. I really hope to be there.

7 Likes

Sounds like a killer few days of golf. Canā€™t wait for more details!

1 Like