GB&I - NIT Qualifiers

This message is primarily aimed at those GB&I (and Western Europe) Refugees who haven’t yet joined the 250-strong RACDG. We have been allocated an initial two spots for the Nest Invitational Tournament later this year. If you wish to attempt to qualify for the NIT, you can do so by joining the RACDG (as simple as dropping me a message and getting added into the various chats) and signing up for one of the qualifiers, each of which is an RACDG major:

July 20th - The Calluna Cup - a 36-hole stableford competition at The Berkshire.
August 29th/30th - The Cock of the North - 36-hole stableford at Moortown/Alwoodley.

In addition to the NIT qualifiers, we have an ever-increasing events list this year:

March: Gleneagles/Sheringham/Cromer/Enville
April: The Berkshire/St Andrews/St George’s Hill
May: Woodhall Spa
June: Goswick/Bamburgh Castle/Alnmouth Village
July: Hadley Wood
August: New Zealand/Sunningdale
September: Pinehurst
October: Pennard/Royal Porthcawl/Thetford Forest/Berkhamsted
November: Royal St. George’s

Any questions, please let me know.

Cheers
Jon

4 Likes

How do we sign up?

Is that Pinehurst, NC in September

1 Like

This is not aimed at me whatsoever, but in a normal world I would love to take a trip home in June and play Goswick. Bamburgh, and Alnmouth Village. Immensely jealous of all that will get to play!

2 Likes

It is indeed. Several of the GB&I lot are heading over for a week or so, although who can say whether that, or any of the above, will actually take place.

Hi Jon, would love to be included in the GB&I chapter of the RACDG and the chat around these events. Some great courses on the list. Thanks.
PS - Am a big Saints fan, so maybe at some point a commiseratory beer whilst we dis dem Bucs.

2 Likes

We’re now full for the event at The Berkshire and taking reserves, but there are still a handful of spaces for Moortown/Alwoodley (MacKenzie’s first design).

Updates:

The Calluna Cup at The Berkshire (20th July) is still full, but the reserve list is down to two or three so every chance of getting in if you join now.

The Cock of the North at Moortown/Alwoodley (29th/30th August) has a couple of spaces.

Our first major of the year, The MacKenzie Cup, takes place next week. It was originally meant to take place at St Andrews in April, but that was cancelled for obvious reasons. It takes the form of a 36-hole stableford competition at Goswick/Bamburgh Castle on 16th-17th June.

If you’ve any interest in any of these events, please let me know.

Jon

1 Like

Apols for the tagging, but this thread may be of interest to @RichWill84 @Morley392 @LewisDening @Killip88 @iainled1 @charli_boy @ajoescott @lukefisher

1 Like

Thanks for the tag! how do I get stuck in? Well keen!

1 Like

I’ve DM’d you.

UPDATE - there are now spaces for The Calluna Cup at The Berkshire. £230 for 18 holes on each of the Blue and Red courses, a breakfast roll and three course lunch. The winner of the 36-hole stableford will earn a spot at the Nest Invitational Tournament.

Let me know if you’re interested,

1 Like