Forest Akers GC - Where the Spartys play their golf
East and West course
East Lansing, MI

When:
July 15th 2023
East Course: tee times start at 9:00am
West course: tee times start at 3:06pm

Why:
Raise some dollar bucks for the MSU Spartan Strong fund for the students and families affected by the tragedy at MSU on February 13th.

Format:

Depending on the amount of entries from both sides of the state, we will go with a quota round in the morning and then pair up the top two from each side to go out in a 4 ball match to determine which Coast rules the state.

Or, if we have enough people to evenly split, we can roll out 1v1 matchplay for the whole event to get things really cookin!

Cost:
$99 for both rounds with a cart.

We have enough spots for 32 people. There is an entry fee of a donation to the Spartan Strong foundation of $20. Venmo that $20 to @FreshCoastFlock , last four 0672. once we receive that you will be moved from the pending to the confirmed list on Golf Genius.

We will also run a skins game at 85% course cap of $20 with a 50/50 split to winner and Spartan Strong.

pce-theeastvswest30.golfgenius.com

9 Likes

6 Likes

Might be the best logo in golf. Love the sparty golfer.

4 Likes

@ToddHuhn @MorikawaForPres is that Ellison brewery spot any good?

2 Likes

The original Okemos location is great. Haven’t been to the new one downtown.

1 Like

We need to find a good spot to grub post day if you have any good ideas, I’m always down for a brew pub. tis delicious.

Meat https://meatbbq.com/ in old town lansing or zoobies / cosmos https://thecosmoslansing.com/ also in old town lansing

1 Like

I’ve actually never been. Most of my friends live outside Lansing so I haven’t experienced a lot of the Lansing food scene still.

This is also the day I’m leaving for a 2 week golf road trip. I thought about pushing it back a day, but I tee off at Erin Hills at 9 the next day… would be tough lol. Bummed to miss yet another event, but you guys will have an awesome time. East ends on a par 3 and has 5 par 3’s and 5 par 5’s.

1 Like

I just saw this also. Meat BBQ is amazing & Zoobies has awesome pizza. Would vouch for both of them, but Meat BBQ is awesome even though pizza is my fav food

2 Likes

I like Ellison’s (the East Lansing/Okemos location anyway). Food is good and a decent variety of beer.
I would put a plug in for Zoobies/Cosmos as well. Lansing Brewing Company is decent.

2 Likes

Sounds like zoobies might be the play here

All I would say is while the pizza is great don’t do the “trust us” option unless you’re really into off the wall things. I didn’t know what to expect, but rabbit food was not it😂 overall pizza is great though, should work perfect.

2 Likes

There is a spot down here that does sandwiches and has a just trust us, it’s phenomenal, fried banana and ham. So damn tasty!

1 Like

would be sick to get a @natelapeer sighting for this event :eyes:

This event is bringing up some serious nostalgia from my old high school days. Quite the change in challenge from one round to the next!

Best of luck to all - will look out for a similar event in years to come to revisit the old stomping grounds.

1 Like

BUMP! Come play some g, I promise it’ll be a good time!

1 Like

Played the East over the weekend. Holy shit that course has improved. Maybe my memory is a bit hazy since the last time I played here (17 years ago) but I remember it being like sylvan glen but worse. Excited to get after it, you know what tees we will be playing from?

2 Likes

The green tees on both courses.

Pumped to see the place and glad to here some recently played feedback. I’ve always heard there is a bit of a difference in conditties between the two.

1 Like

@JF_NEOH shoot that 20 to the venmo so I can move you over to the confirmed list!

Getting closer and closer yall! We are siting at 15 with 3 waiting in the wings. would love to get some more peeps and blow this thing out proper!