DFW Match Play Tournament - Championship Match on 10/2

most definitely did not, but @RobRosson scared it and had about 20 feet for eagle.

2 Likes

I have a couple times booked for matches at Irving Golf Club this weekend if anyone wants to join – 8:20 Saturday with @Wnf08a and 9:28 Sunday with @Kgilles5. Both times have two openings.

I managed to take all 6 off @Wnf08a today but in a nice change of pace for both of us after last weekend, it was at least a competitive match that got closed out on 17.

Still have two openings tomorrow morning at Irving GV if anyone wants to join me and @Kgilles5.

1 Like

Not only did @Toblerone47 kick my ass today and take all 6, he almost had to kick someone’s ass in the parking lot. Those of you that have played Irving golf club, we just finished up and had got to our carts (18 is a 130 yard par 3) FORE, @Toblerone47 takes one square in the back. Group behind hit into us with at least two groups stacked up on 1 tee box and the starter 10 feet from us. Lot of explicit language exchanged from across the hole. If whoever hit that shot is in the refuge, fuck you gui.

5 Likes

I still don’t know whether I was more pissed that they hit me or that they told me chill out.

They said to chill out? That is like rear ending someone in traffic and telling them to relax

4 Likes

Any word from pod 1 or 5?

Do we have an ideal date to be done with the pool/pod play?

Pod 5 Standings:
@jjohnson29 - 3 pts
@K-Winn - 7 pts
@Jonesin - 10 pts
@Ofrygolf - 4 pts

Two matches left to play:
@Ofrygolf v. @jjohnson29
@Ofrygolf v. @K-Winn

1 Like

Can you give me the breakdown of points per match? Need to update the spreadsheet

Jonesin (4) v. K-Winn (2):
F9: K-winn
B9: Jonesin
18: Jonesin

Jonesin (4) v. jjohnson29 (2):
F9: jjohnson29
18: Jonesin

K-Winn (5) v. jjohnson29 (1):
F9: K-winn
B9: Halved
18: K-winn

Ofrygolf (4) v. Jonesin (1):
F9: Ofrygolf
18: Ofrygolf

1 Like

While not directly tied to the current match play tournament, @Gnome and I are playing Rockwood next Monday at 12:42 if a couple of y’all on the FW side want to join!

1 Like

Is it reasonable that we have all pod play wrapped up by the end of April?

I think most pods only have a couple of matches left to be played but this might be a challenge for those in Pods 1 and 2 (with the last minute shuffle).

@chaser @Gnome @Scoticus @FWTexas how’s the scheduling coming along?

We can definitely have our pod play wrapped up by the end of April. We all played together last round so @chaser and @Scoticus have scores from their match I just don’t know what it was. We’re all playing again on Saturday so I’d think our last round would be no more than a month out from then.

1 Like

Awesome, that’s perfect

@chaser and I tied it up. I took the front, he got the back. Ended in a tie on 18. Real pillow fight.

2 Likes

More action from Pod 2 yesterday @ Tenison Highlands. @RobRosson took all 6 points against @duckhunter07. @duckhunter07 had his back up against the wall all day, standing on the 4th tee at even par, yet 2 down in the match. @RobRosson made a few timely birdies to keep the pedal down and has secured one of the top two spots in Pod 2

Standings:
@RobRosson - 12 points (2 matches played)
@WhineyCracker52 - 4 points (2 matches played)
@adamk1978 - 2 points (1 match played)
@duckhunter07 - 0 points (1 match played)

1 Like

Pod 3 is all about parity and turning the turntables with mutual trouncings. Yesterday at Irving, @SliceyMcShankerston skunked @zjacques531 6-0.

To be fair to @zjacques531, playing at near scratch against a bunch of highcappers is tough slog, when at every tee box, the group is going,

I stormed off to a 2U front nine win on @Goatbelly, despite him rolling in some clutch nervy par saves to cover me up and limit the damage in the overall match. Then, he absolutely trounced me on the back 4&3 and 3&2 overall, stringing together 7 back nine pars while I temporarily lost club face awareness.

Current standings with one match left to be played in our group:

@SliceyMcShankerston 10 pts, all matches completed
@Goatbelly 7 pts, 1 match remaining
@DuckDuckHook 7 pts, all matches completed
@zjacques531 6 points, 1 match remaining.

3 Likes

Gents, we’ve got an open spot at Squaw Creek this Friday at 2:24. Green fee with cart is $42. Anyone want to play?

@Scoticus and I played our match on Friday. He won the front and overall while I won the back.

1 Like

Awesome! And thanks for updating the spreadsheet.

Below is a breakdown of everything outstanding for all pods:

Pod 1

Pod 2

Pod 3