DFW Match Play Tournament - Championship Match on 10/2

Book it and sneak into our group as a 5some

Thereā€™s nothing booked around it. Iā€™ll book a foursome for now in case we have any others who want to join.

cc (sure Iā€™m missing a few participants here):
@Kgilles5
@lonestarguido
@NobodiesMedic
@therealmarkymark
@Toblerone47
@angray1997
@SpiethGotMono
@duckhunter07

2 Likes

I need my good luck charm!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately Iā€™m out of town until Sunday night

1 Like

Aight, foursome booked at 8:10. Holler if you want to join. We have three open spots in the booked times and generally tee times are still wide open Sunday morning if there are more than 3 who want to come out.

I would love to join but Sunday is the one day out of the 3 day weekend that doesnā€™t work for me.

1 Like

Bueller? Anyone else wanna join Sunday?

1 Like

On a chilly, bluebird day at Rangers, @chaser took down @mctrees02 2 and 1 (I think) to capture the inaugural DFW Match Play title.

It was not without some initial controversy, as we had a Harding/Kerrigan situation. Playing a warm-up round with his roommate yesterday, @chaser took a golf ball squarely between the shoulder blades. No word on how much @mctrees02 paid for the hit, but alas, just like Kerrigan and Harding, @chaser got the last word.

@mctrees02 was perhaps a victim of his own recent success, and dropping index, as the shots he gave, along with a decent but not quite as steady game as we are used to seeing, let @chaser take a commanding 3 up lead early in the back nine. @mctrees made a brief run to narrow it to 1 hole with 3 to play before @chaser won 16 and 17 to firmly shut the door and send Tonya . . . err @mctrees02 packing.

Thanks to @SliceyMcShankerston for organizing the competition. Weā€™re gonna fire this up again maybe as early as next month, same scheduling flexibility. So get involved.

Cheers.

6 Likes

DFW Match Play Part Deux, Spring 2021:

• Iā€™m in like a long Spieth par putt
  • Iā€™m out (of bounds) off the tee
  • Iā€™m not sure like Spieth on the range

0 voters

As a man who is about to get to hit a golf ball for the first time in two months, I am in desperate need of this. Work has been an infinite hell this winter.

3 Likes

Well I think weā€™ve got enough people relating to a long Spieth putt to at start formalizing things.

For anyone interested in participating in the Match Play 2.0, please enter your details into the below google doc. Iā€™ve included 32 spots just in case we can get some real good participation this time around. 1-16 will be guaranteed a spot. If we have more than that but less than 32 we can have some discussions around if we want to do some play-in matches or something.

Depending on how long it takes us to get enough people, we should be able to get to a point where Round 1s matchups can be completed before the end of February or not too long after.

How often do matches occur? Iā€™m in DFW 2 weeks a month so just figuring out if I can swing it or not.

That should be fine. No one is playing matches every week.

The goal is to complete each round within 3 weeks so I would think you should easily be able to accomplish that with how often youā€™re here, assuming that also includes weekends.

Awesome thanks! Interviewing for a job in the area in two weeks so hopefully will be there full time soon.

1 Like

Awesome. Good luck!!

1 Like

Gonna get my excuse out there now (but I am not pulling out)
I ordered new ping irons (wish I knew truly how bad that back up is before then)
Traded my old irons for 3 sm7
So most likely will be playing with a driver 3wood 7 iron 46,50,54 and 58 and the putter.
Let the fun begin!
Good luck to all

Iā€™ve got a set of M6 irons you could borrow in the interim if need be, now that Iā€™ve committed myself to YOTB. Youā€™re LH right? (I think I sold you my putter right after moving here?)

Standard length
2* upright

Yes!
That could be an option! Thanks! Iā€™ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

This could be a mind game in your favor! The other guy canā€™t possibly lose to someone with that setup, rightā€¦?