Deck the Ballz at Waveland

Happy Thursday Y’all! Only appropriate the details for Deck the Ballz at Waveland get released on a Thursday morning.

Finally got a hold of the pro shop at Sydney Marovtiz and got some tee times down. Unfortunately there is a random foursome in between groups 3&4, but it’s only 9 holes, and heck maybe they won’t show up. Tee times are 10:06, 10:15, 10:24, 10:42, 10:51am. Please message me if you have a preference on tee time. Plan will be to play some golf then head over to Tunes bar off Southport for some beer and wings.

For the game, we are doing Scotch Foursomes (use of colored golf balls preferred). Best Net score will win. How do you factor in net you ask? Just average your two man teams handicaps to get team course handicap. If you land on a .5 then round up

What is on the line? After some discussion in the the discord, we are going to do a $20 buy in per player and half the pot will go to the winning team and half the pot will go to the First Tee Chicago.

Attire? Do what you want, don’t be Scrooge. I’ll be wearing an ugly Xmas sweater over some warm layers.

I have added a column in the google sheet for payment of the buy in. Payment reserves your spot. I’ll be canceling tee times starting next Tuesday if I don’t have enough confirmed spots by then.

My Venmo is @dannyheadley, I am also in the loop and Lincoln park all this week and next week if you want to do cash.

Did I miss anything? Feel free to DM me with questions or post them.

Tagging all who signed up so far.

@deliroustim
@Gottliebk12
@Kbergen28
@Ballgame
@ChiFFI
@Mr.Sunday
@Setwilli
@HackMarkham
@andrewf

6 Likes

@Xlink
@nschumerth
@TrajMahal
@weshoweth
@WillyK
@rmbartell
@Kerry
@Pinehurts
@BadBrad

@SecondCityGC we still have one extra spot for a sign up in case anyone missed this.

2 Likes

I can’t play, but would like to meet up at the bar afterward. Also can I contribute to the First Tee donation?

1 Like

Yes and Yes! If I had to guess we will be at Toons around 1-1:30. Depending on pace of play and traffic.

For the donation feel free to Venmo me and I’ll make the group donation the morning of the event or you can make a direct contribution via their website.

4 Likes

Oh hell yes.

8 Likes

That is sweet!

I have a buddy the elf themed one I’ll be rocking. Wore it to TBOX years ago and it’s only fitting I wear it playing golf on the weekend of TBOX while drinking a spiked hot chocolate

Did you buy this?

Late scratch, apparently we have people staying with us that weekend.

1 Like

Paging @djpie - come down from MKE and join us for some holiday cheer.

1 Like

Would also be up for a 5iron gathering at some point in Dec

5 Likes

Oh man what a flashback. I used to love Toons when we lived in the city. Fantastic spot. Do they still have shuffleboard?

I can’t make the event but will gladly donate.

1 Like

Took my name off for the time being, holiday stuff

2 Likes

Good morning! We are one week away from Deck the Ballz! Weather is looking like December but who knows we could get lucky.

Still looking for payment from the following:

@Kerry
@WillyK
@nschumerth
@HackMarkham
@ChiFFI

4 Likes

Anyone have any pairing preferences? Slide into the DMs if you do. Putting together tee sheets right now

Looking for one more gui to make it 20 @SecondCityGC

Whoever wants to hit these with me.

10 Likes

Okay if you need one person to get an even 20, I’ll make it.

4 Likes

Love it! We are all set with 20 physcos ready to play.

Below are the tee times and groupings. I will have custom scorecards for you when you arrive, so be sure to grab one from me before you tee off. This will be the official scorecard for the split the pot Scotch Foursomes game. Friendly reminder the game is to be played on a net basis. Holler any questions at me if it’s not clear.

Chance of rain in the forecast, but who knows theses days. Come prepared and play fast so we can get out to the bar.

Lastly, please show up at least 10-15 minutes before your tee time. Groups 4 and 5 (10:42 and 10:51, if we show up early enough and can get the first three groups off fast, we could get out before the other group in between ours so show up early).

Pairings and tee times are on the google sheet.

@deliroustim
@Gottliebk12
@Kbergen28
@Ballgame
@ChiFFI
@Mr.Sunday
@Setwilli
@HackMarkham
@andrewf
@Xlink

4 Likes

@weshoweth
@rmbartell
@BadBrad
@LeftysLoose
@fourLOKO
@Bdquinn
@nschumerth
@WillyK
@Kerry

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is I can leave driver at home. Got it.

4 Likes

Gotta play to your strengths… also didn’t you break your driver?