Covid sucks...bad

Hey guise, not sure if this appropriate or where to put it, but here it goes. Yesterday a friend, a former coworker, a husband, a father, a son, and so many other things lost his battle with covid. I know many on here have been affected or know someone who has been affected and it sucks. Not only did this provide me the sad reminder of how damning this disease can be but that it is a global problem for everyone, everywhere. My friend was living back home in India due to family responsibility. I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like trying to seek the medical care there needed to save lives.

I only know a handful of you personally but I am posting this here because I have come to know what an awesome community of people that are here. His family has started a go fund me page to help out. He was the only source of income for his entire family. I won’t bore everyone with the details here (you can click the link if you would like) but he was truly a awesome human. Anything anyone can spare will help his family tremendously. I will match anyone from here who makes a donation, either message me or post it here. I won’t set up a limit as I have no idea if anyone will be interested in donating hard earned money to an internet friend-friend situation. Make me nervous! Thanks for being awesome, guise.

https://gofund.me/5af2dcb8

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for his family and friends.

1 Like

Terribly sorry to hear of this awful loss. It sounds like the situation in India is getting to be really, really fucking bad. It’s scary.

2 Likes

Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.
A stark reminder that this diseases is deadly and that we (the world) are not out of the woods and need to continue to fight it and support each other.

1 Like

I’ve been lucky enough to not have any direct, serious impact on my life due to Covid. I hate hearing stories like this and count my blessings that I’ve been so fortunate when others have suffered tremendously.

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. I donated $25.

2 Likes

Very sorry for your loss OlGoat.