Cincy 3.0: The All Star at Avon Fields--Buy Raffle Tickets and Bid in Auctions post 963

We talked about euchre this morning. I volunteered you to play.

1 Like

I’m not even sure I understand the rules of Uno, I definitely can’t wrap my head around that shit.

5 Likes

how much is @holeout paying you for this?

4 Likes

For the uninitiated:

No, me and @mmckenney are not related. We are just both about the same height, with close to the same hair, good at golf, and talk way too much. And okay looking, moreso him than me.

And sometimes… he acts like my little brother.

4 Likes

I tried too, man.
Missed that boat. Big time haha

3 Likes

I sat and watched a few dudes play it at the Blade Meetup. After about 10 stoppages to explain something, I walked away. Hahahaha. I’m too dumb for that game and that’s a - okay with me.

3 Likes

You’ll hit a lot of clubs off the tee other than driver-wedge. 3/5 woods and 4/5 irons, to fit different angles. It’s definitely a quirky “75% of your shots are within 100 yards” kind of course.

2 Likes

Son of a bitch.

5 Likes

Also driver on 10 is the play if you know you will not hit it farther than 250.

Fly that green, from any distance, and you are toast.

1 Like

This course is sounding more and more like my kryptonite.

What about the friday course that I can’t remember the name of? What’s that place like?

2 Likes

While there is a slight age gap… people in the last year have asked if we were twins
(this is crazier when you see us in person)

1 Like

Reeves GC. It’s like a parking lot and a driving range combined, with 18 dart boards for greens. There are 11 trees and 2 bunkers. And light aircraft coming in to land at ~250 feet altitude that do somewhat F with your focus from time to time. It’s Strapped for sure.

9 Likes

Having some kind of Sherpa around Avon is very helpful. It’s mostly right in front of you, and goads you to go for it on a number of tee shots. I love it.

Can I also say this? If there’s a frost delay, getting some drinks and heading down to the range was WAY fun for Cincy 1.0. No @gatorz7888 to live swing roast, but we’ll make do.

At the very least you can watch @leric90 get deep in the lab.

4 Likes

Sounds like a few bloody mary’s might be in store for the Sat morning range session.

3 Likes

wait….people hit balls before the golf?

9 Likes

Well I look forward to not warming up at all then! Hahahaha. I never do, but if we’re live roasting, I am too fragile for that.

1 Like

This pic agrees with your assessment. Hahahaha.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have the chops to do anything close to a @gatorz7888 esque performance.

“That was one of the greatest physical achievements I’ve ever seen” will go down as one of the best comments of all time. RIP @aannddyy00.

For those who haven’t watched it, Cincy 1.0 story highlights: Instagram

6 Likes

The way you tell them apart is that one is an Amateur and one is a Reinstated Am

16 Likes

Reeves is great, uninspired but down to earth muni golf. It’s the easiest walk imaginable, fairways are wide and you have to really fuck up to lose a ball.

Narrator- He lost a ball on Saturday.

It’s my go-to course when my club is closed and it’s just a lot of fun. Personal bests will be in play if you are hitting the ball well.

No secluded holes so other groups will be in play with awful tee shots, but we will figure it out.

10 Likes