Cincinnati golfers

View of the Redan as you drive up

2 Likes

I like where your head is at with this. If my weekends werenā€™t slammed by kid events on the weekends right now I think Iā€™d be there with you.

1 Like

@Greenthumb Was Camargo in the running for the Kroger LPGA event? Iā€™ve never played either course so canā€™t compare the layouts. Just curious.

Feel free to invite some of us out!

1 Like

Camargo is the type of place that will never host an event. They donā€™t like guest play honestly (hence the lack of invitations). A true private family club. Monday after work is the only time I can play (minus the occasional wedges and putting) so that limits even how often Iā€™m out there. We are pulling 10-12 hour days in season.

I am needing to explore more of the Cincy golf scene. Now with cooler temps, evening rounds and weekends are doable.

2 Likes

Headed to Cincy for the weekend. Playing Glenview for a scramble, then The Avon Fields, an Elk Run (??).

Also, some lady at the airport told me to order a 4-way at Skyline.

4 Likes

Hey Cincy guis (non-Cincy guis, feel free to chime in as well). Me and my fiancee need a little wedding advice, and I thought this might be a good place to ask (please donā€™t make me regret that idea).

Weā€™re getting married next August, and we want to do an outside ceremony in the evening. Weā€™re looking to rent a large tent (somewhere in the 3,000 sq. foot range), tables, chairs, etc. Anyone had any previous luck with rental companies in the area? We donā€™t have a huge budget, so thereā€™s that to keep in mind as well. Any advice would be much appreciated though :pray: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure we used Prime Time party rental (https://www.primetimepartyrental.com/) and I think the church event I just helped with used them as well. You could start there.

Also, someone is going to ask so it might as well be me: Did you ask Randy to officiate?

3 Likes

Many thanks, from me and my fiancee. She appreciates the help of my ā€œstrange internet golf people.ā€

Sincere apologies for the oversight here. @Randy - would Your Grace kindly consider an invitation to preside over the festivities? We will order a taller tent.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone, just moved to the Pleasant Ridge area and am looking for good recommendations for local courses and would be interested in local NLU related events if there are going on or plans to!

Welcome to Cincinnati! Come on over to Roll Call Ohio where we have most of our local discussion. You can also join the Ohio Against the World Roost here. You are also in luck because we are having our fourth annual event at Avon Fields in October, here is the thread and info.

Although we have some good public golf, tee times get booked up fast so you will need to do some planning. Check out the Cincinnati courses, Hamilton County courses and Blue Ash GC to start.

4 Likes