Chicagoland Matchplay Tournament 2023 - 2CGC Team Qualifier

Tracking this.

Full next round of bracket will be set in stone after the two matches set to be played Sunday. Our pace is great. Ideally we can knock out round 3 by the Mt. Prospect event on June 4th.

CC: @Ballgame and @TheAbeFroman - can you guys hold off on your match until MP? I’ll put you guys in my group. That’s a match I wanna see up close.

6 Likes

I can do whatever the fans desire. Sneak preview… @Ballgame and I played in the CDGA Mid-Am Qualifier today at Sunset Valley and both shot 79, good for T24. Cut was 75.

14 Likes

Had the pleasure of playing with @Setwilli and @Pinehurts ill let @Setwilli go thru the round. He beat me down 4&3 could not have been more of a pleasure to play with both him and @Pinehurts look forward to playing again in the future

6 Likes

It was a wonderful and wet round at Rav. I thought it might be a fight for my life after the first few holes on the back nine but I would like to thank my brand new 3 wood, my hybrid around the greens and a decent putter for the win. Also thanks to @krzeczowskimatt for being an impeccable keeper of the scores as well as our rules official @Pinehurts for keeping us honest.

Looking forward to taking on @ChiFFI in the next round and hopefully hitting something close to a good approach shot.

6 Likes

@JAD and I were in an absolute pillow fight out at MP, and were AS after 10 when I had to WD (home buying troubles, moving to Iowa), so it didn’t feel right fighting for a spot in the 2CGC anyway. Had a blast though, despite the number of 3 putts on the front.

2 Likes

Next round is set.

@Ballgame v @TheAbeFroman
@Setwilli v @ChiFFI
@treeputttim v @JAD
@Kbergen28 v @andrewf

Please have these matches played by 6/4/22. Ravisloe and MP events are perfect times to knock these out!

7 Likes

Man, Waveland Breakfast Club is running roughshod through this tournament.

2 Likes

Eyeing morning of 5/21 w @Setwilli location TBD.

1 Like

I won 4 & 3 over @Kbergen28 at Ravisloe. He caught me on the wrong day, having to witness my best round of the year so far, especially the front 9.

5 Likes

@andrewf put on an absolute clinic out there hitting more fairways and greens in the front 9 than I did the whole 18. If he keeps playing like this, the rest of the field should be very afraid.

3 Likes

What was the final result?

I tested positive for the Rona last week and was unable to play. Now with @ChiFFI in labor protocols, we are going to attempt to get this match done ASAP.

3 Likes

Got an 8 am tee time Thurs so going to be out for a bit. The captain is monitoring the situation.

2 Likes

@treeputttim nearly clawed back a four-hole deficit, but I barely kept it on the rails and got him 1 up at MPGC today.

8 Likes

Identical story with me a @TheAbeFroman. I was 4 up w/ 7 to play and won 1 up. I may be moving on, but the greens of Mt. Prospect were the true victors.

6 Likes

@JAD plays @andrewf in the next round.

@Ballgame awaits the winner of @ChiFFI and @Setwilli

1 Like

Any early lines on these matches?

2 Likes

Some have likened putting this match on to the 2020 NBA season. But we did it and @Setwilli took a healthy front 9 lead and never gave it back.

4 Likes

Everyone after palying Seth

8 Likes