Cheraw Showdown - NIT Mega Qualifier June 3, 2023

Thinking about taking a longer route to Cheraw through Florence area that Friday…Any course recs in or around Florence?

Florence Country Club is a nice track. Built in the 20s and in the “Ross Style” lots of small greens with undulation.

1 Like

Olde English Trail. Under new management and they’re trying to redo the course little by little. They are also very good at the merch game. PCC might be have an event there later this spring if anyone is interested

4 Likes

I’ve been meaning to check that place out, so would love to see an event there.

@Chester.Copperpot and I checked it out in early November. The bones are there but it was neglected for awhile. I think eventually it’ll be a great spot, but might take awhile. As I have told others, the best part is is that they are very self aware of the conditions it is in and what they want to do with it. Caleb, who owns it with his dad, was great to us and talked to us about what they’re doing and have anyone and everyone out whenever we wanted.

2 Likes

Yeah, I echo those sentiments. Easy place to root for - great people, wonderful relaxed vibe, and the bones really are strong. I think they’ll get that place rolling before too long.

3 Likes

Haven’t been to OET yet but highly advise anyone looking for extra golf to go support them.

2 Likes

@apmiller + @EZmiss do you both have an events calendar published somewhere?

/edit/ cc @LukeBoatright right

1 Like

You’ll want Captain @LukeBoatright, not me

1 Like

We do not have another event yet on the books after Riverton. Expect 2 more events between now and July.

1 Like

Here’s a few shots of Cheraw in the fall from 3-4 years ago.

11 Likes

11 Likes

A Marriott actually just opened downtown. Cabins and camping spots weirdly stay booked all summer.

2 Likes

FCC is probably best course in the Pee Dee, but it is private. I think they have reciprocals with a lot of other clubs in the state though. Might be worth a phone call.

CC of SC is a good course though hasn’t been maintained well in a number of years. Used to be a Nike Tour stop way back.

Traces is kept up well, but pretty vanilla.

1 Like

You’d be pretty brave to walk into that place. Oslo’s is the local watering hole. Few spots downtown too.

1 Like

Forgot that just opened. 17k points too vs $129 a night which is pretty good deal

3 Likes

Me finding a way to make this work…

5 Likes

The Champ is here

2 Likes

Hell yeah team, made it on to the confirmed roster. My bad at first, saw that I was on the waiting list and, until I finally got around to reading this post, did not realize I had not been confirmed because ya’ll were waiting for payment. I’m in fellas and looking forward to it. Going to be my first NLU event and I’m PSYCHED. Now to spend the next few months getting my game in semi-decent shape.

5 Likes

That is awesome man!! My first event was just a couple of years ago and you will be hard-pressed to find a better group to get together with. With a few exceptions of course lol…No it will be a blast man…just enjoy the fun and fellowship and don’t worry about performing your best. Look forward to teeing it up with you soon!

2 Likes