Charity Raffle for Texas Cup 2022 - Thursday, May 12th, 8pm central

Couple of quick updates on process for tomorrow.

Raffle spreadsheet here - 2022 Raffle - NLU Texas Cup - Google Sheets.

First - raffle will start at 830, not 8. I know that’s late, I’m sorry, but I’m on kid duty until bedtime.

You can buy tickets until 4pm central. At about 430, I’ll run a random string of numbers from www.random.org, from 1 to the number of tickets sold, and map those to the tickets bought. Then we’ll sort that list, which will give us a randomized “ticket number” for each ticket purchased, and break up the blocks of tickets that people bought. I’ll post that list.

I’ll post a zoom meeting for folks that want to watch the ticket drawings.

The drawing process will be me clicking on the “generate” button at random.org, and then posting the winner based on their ticket number to the refuge thread. They’ll have 5 minutes to pick an item, or we draw again.

Various notes:

• If you win something, you can’t win again.
  • We have 32 people who bought tickets and 27 items to give away - 85% of us will win something.
  • Winners are responsible for obtaining their item; refuge handle of the donator will be posted. Many items will be available at pine dunes this weekend. Most items are austin-based.

Questions? Shoot me a note.

2 Likes

Gonna tag each person that bought tickets here, so you know what’s up.

@therealmarkymark @Wnf08a @desperateunder105 @Goatbelly @Ghost_of_Ty_Webb @HellerHighwater @GeneralQuinn @jbrooks @NSenak88 @trev1n

1 Like

@clktex @the_korn_ferry @Bmich97do @Insulin_And_Bogeys @papateeps @anotherballromes @TheBoyFromBerwyn @81Ralph33 @jbpayne32 @cgroom

@Bogey_Golf @RMcCall @jsavoie88 @rmaas91 @Darikashi @tx_southpaw @SliceyMcShankerston @chitwood @SaveMuny @SpiethGotMono

1 Like

1 Like

As a buddy said to me earlier, “I got you bruv”

1 Like

Absolutely mental, innit?

1 Like

My youngest daughter, who is almost definitely attending University of Brighton next year, loves saying ‘innit. When we visited Brighton over spring break this year, some dude walked by us on the street on his phone. He was yelling at someone, “are you fucking mental, bruv?” My daughter was in heaven.

7 Likes

I don’t see myself tagged - assuming it’s an oversight?

Indeed. @Nsandila tagged! (good catch, thanks).

1 Like

If someone doesn’t respond in the 5 minutes do they still get a prize? If so will they get to pick once they respond or do they have to wait until the end for the “leftovers”?

There was some confusion over this in a recent raffle. Also selfishly I’ll be flying during part of it

Yeah good call-out … they’ll be able to pick once they’re online.

Me and the wife love to throw British phrases at each other from time to time to see who can’t think of one first.

If you want to DM me some preferences you may have in case you win and in flight, I will represent your interests.

Also, gotta crank up that crappy airplane wifi.

1 Like

Crank that (soulja boy)

1 Like

Quick raffle update - I was unable to coordinate with @imsocrabby to get her donations in time to take them with me to PD, so anyone picking her items can coordinate with me afterwards for delivery and/or shipping.

Thanks to @McRiddles for donating a Masters Golf Towel to the raffle!

3 Likes

In with some last minute tickets purchased…Venmo sent

1 Like

Ok, the raffle ticket purchasing is officially LOCKED!

270 tickets sold, raising $1,350! You are all fantastic people

The randomized and sorted ticket list is here - 2022 Raffle - NLU Texas Cup - Google Sheets.

Final raffle item list is below. Reminder that I’ll help coordinate delivery of goods from Christy, but please contact the donor of your item directly as the winner for all others. See everyone tonight at about 8:30. I’ll open a zoom then as well, so everyone can audit the random number generator calls.

I think all pictures or links are posted up thread, so I’m going to leave those out and simplify the table.

ID Item Donated by
1 Tobacco Road print (18x24) Jeremy Brooks
2 Titleist “Custom Grind” 2i Josh Donelson
3 Titleist TS2 driver (good cond, 9.5deg, AV Blue S shaft, 45") Greg Shields
4 Set of BB&F “Rick Sanchez” ferrules Josh Donelson
5 Set of BB&F “K’amonyawannaleime v1.1” ferrules Josh Donelson
6 Scotty Headcover - Cinco De Mayo Chris Kurzner
7 Scotty Headcover- Southern Hills Chris Kurzner
8 1 dozen ProV1 Texas Cup logo balls Josh Donelson
9 Guest Access to TPC San Antonio with Caleb Groom Caleb Groom
10 Stroh’s Trucker Hat Josh Donelson
11 Masters Pullover / Sweatshirt, Size Medium Isam Brisco
12 Blue with White Strap Jones Carry Bag Jeff Stevens
13 Light green imperial hat - Pine Valley Christy Longfield
14 White / Orange Letters Titleist Hat - UT Golf Club “Swinging Bevo” Christy Longfield
15 Brown Plaid UTGC “Swinging Bevo” Seamus ‘barrel style’ fairway cover Christy Longfield
16 Sweetens Cove Driver Headcover (white w/blue logos) Christy Longfield
17 Blue Cuater “The Daily” mens golf shoes sz 10.5 Christy Longfield
18 Nike VRPro Tour Ltd Driver 8.5 Tour Ad-Di 7x shaft (off the tour van!) Christy Longfield
19 Tensei Orange CK 60x driver shaft, ping adapter (this is the “real” tensei) Christy Longfield
20 The Buck Club Gift set - leather pouch, towel, bubba whips Christy Longfield
21 Rockway Hunting Club Towel Robert McCall
22 1 Dozen Tp5/Tp5x (winners choice) Anthony (Big_Randear)
23 3 custom ballmarkers - Magneto, DrDoom, Two-Face Daric Ashy
24 Pine Dunes Pin Flag Andrew Litschi
25 Legends Golf BB&F Collab Ferrtole Divot tool - Green / White Josh Donelson
26 Seamus Sofa King Pure putter cover Brad Payne
27 Links King putter cover from Broken tee Society Zach Valochhi
28 Masters Golf Towel Drew Ridley
6 Likes