CANCELED :( Lake City Jamboree, Couer d’Alene, ID, July 17-19

I suspect even when it opens up, there will be mandatory quarantine periods for a while.

1 Like

As for me, I’m making tentative plans to be there. I’ve cancelled my family holiday but I’m hoping to be able to come out to spend the weekend with you all.

What I don’t know is if the borders will be open by then for UK residents. And if they are, if there will be a mandatory quarantine. If that’s the case, I’m kinda fucked I’m afraid.

If not, and we’re all good, I can let you laugh at my terrible swing in person. :smiley:

4 Likes

We’re monitoring the situation and staying optimistic. We’re not putting any money down!

5 Likes

To kind of resonate what everyone else is saying, everything is a bit touch and go at this point. BUT I can’t think of a better way to finally #getinvolved so I am a tentative and optimistic yes.

2 Likes

totally understandable. we like that!

1 Like

I am in the same boat. It will depend a lot on what happens in the next 30 days but if all goes well, I’m likely in.

3 Likes

@davidc I could maybe have a chat with the resort GM about pencilling some tee times in the Saturday. Explain the situation and that we all want to go but are trying to be sensible and not confirm until we know we can make it.

Hopefully he can give me, say 4 or 5 tee times on the basis that we may have to release them back to him in a month.

2 Likes

That would be ideal! Feel free to cc me or anything, happy to keep him very informed if he’s willing to work with us. I’m sure they’re dealing with a lot of similar situations right now, so hopefully a soft start could get us rolling

Let me get on it…

2 Likes

Where would be the best place to fly into? Have a flight credit from my cancelled Whistling Straits trip.

1 Like

Spokane (GEG I believe) is right across the state line. It’s like most of the regional airports in the PNW meaning totally doable, but it may take one extra flight.

2 Likes

Agree with @topflitetopper above, Spokane would be your best bet for closest to CDA. Less than an hour drive from there I would imagine.

Howevah, you could also fly into Seattle Thursday morning, convince people to play Chambers Bay with you, and we all roll over to CDA together

(wait what are we talking about again)

2 Likes

Triggers need for The Power Triangle

Why did this just sound like the best idea that should really happen?

1 Like

Spokane is like a 30-45 mins drive to CDA. It’s a Delta, Southwest, United and Alaska airport so you can get there from most places easily enough.

But Chambers and a road trip is actually the way you need to do this. :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

its the FAB addendum :fire:

1 Like

There almost no way all those airlines are currently flying in there. Anyone booking should expect to be given crazy ass reschedules. Much safer to plan flights to seattle. Even those flights will likely be condensed as date approaches depending on passenger volume and whatever other factors the airline uses to determine these things.

Flights r mess right now

1 Like

True.

I’m actually struggling to get flights for myself. It’s like 3 times the regular price.

2 Likes

What is the weather like in August? Maybe it would be reasonable to move this back a little bit?

Weather in august is as perfect as weather gets. Low humidity, long sunny days.

1 Like