CANCELED :( Lake City Jamboree, Couer d’Alene, ID, July 17-19

2 Likes

Welcome @BeenMacKenzied to the Idaho trip!!!

1 Like

Oohh yeah. Looking forward to it!!!

4 Likes

The last time I played Circling Raven was in an outing I arranged. I spent most of the morning talking to the starter.

He said the only time they let groups walk is when Wazzu hosts college golf meets there.

That back nine would be a wonderful walk. There’s 3-4 holes where you can’t see any part of the hole ahead or behind you.

4 Likes

I’ve heard one of the issues is moose. And bear. They think people are generally safer in carts. Not sure if thats true, but it’s what I’ve heard.

The only moose I am interested in during this trip, thank you

4 Likes

I played a few weeks back and they’ll allow anyone to walk due to covid-19. 10th to 11th has to be a 5-600 yards. They run a commercial saying the typical golf course is 160 acres and circling raven is 620

1 Like

Man I’d LOVE to walk CR.

Though doing it at midday in July might be a bit spicy!

Those long walks between holes add up. I played in a scramble a couple weeks ago where (due to a shortage of power carts) we had to use our push-carts. Just by chance we ended up starting/finishing as far away from the club house as we could get. I just google maps’d it and it added an additional 1400 yards round trip.

Funnily enough I track the amount I walk over a course and on average it’s just over 6 miles a round. Which is pushing 11,000 yards. Most courses are 6,500 - 7,000 yards. So it just to show how those extra bits add up.

Plus my zigzagging down the fairway.

4 Likes

Hi guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eric you’re in the wrong thread…

3 Likes

Gross please keep this thread clear of such clutter. Otherwise I’ll have to report you and @aannddyy00 to the one true president, @Double_Bogey_Dave.

1 Like

First things first Dave. Bibimbap > shawarma

Also, Daves a populist usurper. You’ll soon recognize the mistake you all made. My avatar will soon seem prescient.

5 Likes

Wait did you see my last handle?? I’m with you brother

Secondly, hell yeah im always down for a revolution

3 Likes

I’m all seeing, and all knowing.

2 Likes

The Resort are pushing me to confirm tee time reservations on the 18th.

How we all feeling about commitments…

1 Like

Bibimbap is miles better than schwarma. We are in agreement there.

There is at least one thing you didn’t see.

4 Likes

It’s not looking great for @Sarah

Nope :frowning: - Can’t say I"m surprised

Maybe @MarkInVictoria and I should arrange the Victoria weekend at the same time!

3 Likes