Bent at the Crook - Shepherd's Crook (Zion, IL) 09/30/2023 (Update Post 318)

We never wanted you to come. Just for our team to be named in your dishonor

3 Likes

It’s a win win for everybody!

2 Likes

Update to the Charity selection-

We are having a change of charity for this event. I had the opportunity to play 27 odd holes with Kevin in Detroit at Maxamania. He signed up for the refuge a day prior to the event, and brought out a full cooler of cold beer for everyone. Awesome gui, and hope we can help offset the costs of his recovery.

6 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. Encouraged to see he is now at Shirley Ryan, the best in the world. My sister had a brain aneurysm Grade 5 bleed in 2015, and after ICU and other hospitals, spent a segment of her recovery there. Amazing facility. Best of luck to him and his family.

2 Likes

I’m out. Wedding that day and will have familial obligations.

Can anyone claim Trevor Kraus and Eric R? They’re listed as reservists and either one can fill out Teddy’s spot.

Eric R is a friend of mine. Not on Refuge (yet).

1 Like

Cool. Just emailed him seeing if he can take the open spot.

1 Like

i know there is likely an event-wide game to be played at this event… but i also believe i will be playing the winner of @TheAbeFroman and @TCRBrad in the championship of the IL match play bracket this day. so we could do the double-game if we’re in the same group!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I need to drop out. My move to Texas has been pushed up and I will no longer be around the Midwest for the 16th. Really sorry to miss out! Hope ya’ll have a blast!

2 Likes

I also have to drop. Being called upon to do some manual labor for my parents and that is the weekend they have landed on!

@fourleafgrover you’re in

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m out, family obligation came up. Have fun everyone!

Unfortunately I have to drop out. Parents are coming in town that weekend.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I have to bow out since the wedding in Wheaton starts at 3pm :frowning:

But dammit if Shepherds Crook isn’t STOOPID good

2-3 open spots remain, please feel free to invite any friends of the refuge to keep it at 40.

1 Like

Hoping to get my final answer tonight. Turns out same weekend as our college homecoming and my fiancée has offered up our home to old friends/roommates and their boyfriends, so may be out.

A lot here. Flagg?

1 Like

Update 9/16

Hi Everyone, need to get pairings/HDCPs/ hard commitments to the course/Golf Guru by 10/2, so if you haven’t decided on a partner, I will do a random draw on 10/01.

Payment for the game/charity can be made direct to me (see sheet) and you will pay the course direct day of for fees and food.

Mentioned above, but I’d like to keep us at 40, so if you have some folks that can join in reserve, that would be fantastic.

Let me know any questions.