Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

before my time, but have always heard great things. Was never visible in KC after his playing days as far I remember.

1 Like

He’s an icon.

1 Like

KC Sports Mount Rushmore:
George Brett
Tom Watson
Len Dawson
Buck O’Neil

I think the top three are set in stone, and did some thinking for Buck’s spot. It feels wrong that pretty much all of these guys peaked in the mid-1980s or earlier, but do any modern Chiefs players deserve a spot? We could also get started on adding Pat Mahomes now. I also considered Alex Gordon as a modern Royals rep, but Buck is perfect for something like this.

1 Like

Mid-forties guy here, I gotta say George Brett by a mile. The guy defined Kansas City for our generation. Watson was just another great golfer and Kansas City had very little to do with that if you were watching him from anywhere else in the world.

1 Like

If the Mt. Rushmore doesn’t include Dody Wood, standout enforcer for the KC Blades (RIPIP), then what are we doing here?

2 Likes

2X champ as a player youre talking about

Nebraska is claiming him already. We need everyone we can get.

Really surprised KC folk have not yet nominated Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt. They seem nice. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

They’ll be part of a different Mount Rushmore with Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover.

1 Like

I was always more of an Arturs Irbe guy myself.

1 Like

Bam Morris! I have not thought about him in years! I had to look up Vanover.

Criminal that Buck didnt get into Cooperstown while he was still alive. He came to speak at my elementary school and I still remember being so captivated by him. What a legend.

Amazing this thread tops 2,000…Great stuff.

Unrelated, we’ve been listening to this all day in the office. Really good.

6 Likes

Obviously since BCN is a KC course there is a lot of KC talk in here, but the Midwest really has a presence on the refuge.

3 Likes

Announcement:

Some Guy’s Backyard, LLC is official. Will finally be able to set up an online store and get the highly prized BCN hats to the people. Just wanted to buy some damn hats but Imperial forced our hand! Everything is going to be donated to the BCN build, but wanted to give the members the e-commerce option. As of April 1, you will only be sending beer money to my Venmo account!

27 Likes

Stewart Cink is my all-time favorite golfer and unfortunately his greatest accomplishment will always be remembered as “the one Watson didn’t win”… shame

2 Likes

Are you going to be able to establish a non-profit or how are you all going to handle any tax obligations?

Just doing an LLC. The BCN build and maintenance is one thing and future of SGB is another. If we find a not for profit format is the way to go for future projects, we will do that then. All we wanted to do is have a simple way to sign up as a reseller with imperial, have on online store and be able to pay sales tax.

1 Like

establishing a 503-c would only be helpful if he expected to MAKE a profit. Tax obligations of any LLC are already at S or C corp level.

Ben probably doesn’t have to worry about it for a while, if ever.

G

1 Like

Rude.

Edit: but seriously. Want to give everything back we can to golf, communities, and kids interested in golf course design/construction. You can still make a good living running a non profit!

1 Like