A thread for the Texas folks

I think the game is growing, whether Big Randy likes it or not.

1 Like

Well boys, I’ll be there at 5 with a coffee!

1 Like

Yeah, I just tried to book times for Saturday morning for my bachelor party and this has been the hardest time I’ve ever had booking rounds of golf.

We’re staying in Wimberly and courses are closed, have tournaments going on a Saturday, or only have tee times available in the afternoon.

Ended up booking a couple of slots at Lakeside Golf Club on Canyon Lake, which I’m sure is not in top conditions, but should hopefully be fun enough.

I’m out for the 17th. Playing in a member guest with a buddy at TPC San Antonio.

So what’s the play here? Everybody wakes up early and tries to grab that time slot, or a couple of people try to grab 4 slots at a time?

My humble suggestion would be to consider 2pm tee time–if that works.

College football will be on. Course is often more open then. It would give time for ppl to get stuff done in morning.

The Saturday morning tee time grab is a bit absurd.

I live in Houston, but I’ll be in Colorado the back half of October and will have to miss.

I definitely don’t mind an afternoon tee time, but selfishly I never get a morning round in and i think it would be siiick to roll deep in the morning as im guessing the pace is a bit better (that could be a false assumption though).

I’m going to go tomorrow morning to reserve a time for this upcoming saturday for a friend coming into town and i will find out if i can grab multiple tee times in person. if that is the case, i’ll do that for the 17th.

1 Like

I’ve got a 4some booked for 7:36am at Cedar Crest next Monday if there’s anyone else in Dallas that has the day off from work and wants to join.

2 Likes

Kicked off a discussion on the Houston thread…they’re moving to afternoon only play (shotgun starts at 1:30PM) for the month ahead of the Houston Open. If anyone wants to meet up on the 18th, I can snag some spots while they’re available.

$70 round, includes cart and range balls (cart path only). Hop on over to Roll Call: Houston if you want to play Memorial Park in near tournament conditions.

1 Like

Looks like we’re still in need of a 16th in case you want to ask your buddy.

Can i get in on this?

PLEASE get in on this! Sign up in the google sheet above!

Signed up on the Google Sheets and the Google Form.

1 Like

Let’s say you had 2 tee times for Saturday morning: 1 at riverside and 1 at lions. Which one would you take an out of town friend to?

Unrelated, I have an extra tee times somewhere in town if someone wants one before 9am!

I reached out

1 Like

Lions for sure

Well, I have an 850 teatime for Saturday morning the 10th if anybody wants it at Riverside!

I think I’ve got someone who isn’t on the Refuge who is interested in the DFW Match play. #GrowTheGame

2 Likes