2NINES @ BELMONT GC - May 19, 2024

With pyratones no less!

1 Like

think of all the coverage @BadBrad wouldā€™ve gotten if Blockie didnā€™t come into our lives that day

5 Likes

@SecondCityGC The date is Sunday, May 19, 2024 and the place is Belmont Golf Club (Downers Grove). We will paly 18 holes - a block of tee times starting at 11:00am and another block at 1:20pm.

Belmont has a good range so feel free to show up earlier and warm up.

28 spots, sign up below:

TWO NINES at BELMONT (2024) Sign Up Sheet

To commit to the event, send me $25 via Paypal (koledim@iit.edu) or Venmo (@xlink).

Deadline for commitment is May 6. You will still have to pay your greens fee at the clubhouse upon checking in on the day of the event ($30 for the first nine and $17 for the replay for non residentsā€¦ DG residents could claim the discount).

Of the $25 commitment ~$15 will be for pizza after the round (will pick a local favorite) and ~$10 will go to charity (yet to be selected). Receipts will be posted for accounting purposes.

More details to follow closer to the event.

6 Likes

Winner earns a spot at the Ope-n at Lawsonia weekend of July 12 (have to pay your own way) as we compete against MI/WI/IN for a chance to represent our region at Sweetens in October!

3 Likes

Signed up . OK I will be THAT GUY. The 2024 tab appears but file name includes last yearsā€™ date and year in case anyone was wondering.

Good catch. Was on my phone and thought I had already signed up so just sent @Xlink money.

#dobetter @Xlink this ainā€™t no disco , no CBGB

You just earned a spot in the group in front of @BadBrad ā€¦ congrats Mr That Guyā€¦bring a hard hat.

8 Likes

If the T-Mobile Tuesday that week isnā€™t great, it might be intentional

5 Likes

ā€œChallenge acceptedā€

5 Likes

Had to take my name off the sheet. Flying back from a wedding in Florida that afternoon.

If you have not done so already, please commit by sending me $25 by May 6. And update your handicaps in the Google sheet.

We could also use some alternates, if anyone is interested :slight_smile: @SecondCityGC @SupperClub

7 Likes

Venmo? paypal?

Edit: Dimitre has pointed me to where this has been mentioned before. My apologies and I promise to be better.

2 Likes

Done/done.

1 Like

Less than two weeks until the 2NINES event at Belmontā€¦almost everybody has confirmed and there is even a spot available if someone is on the fence (paging @SecondCityGC).

Thanks to @flanwilder of BuckEyeTags we have two awesome trophiesā€¦and due to a happy accident we will have two categories ā€œlow grossā€ and ā€œlow less grossā€ā€¦ this may become a tradition unlike any other. The low less gross winner gets a spot at the Ope-n in July.

For the uninitiated, Belmont is Metalā€¦I walk my dog there all winter and Iā€™m served almost daily reminders of natureā€™s brutal circle of lifeā€¦and yes, the pictures on the trophies were taken by me at Belmont Golf Club. Maybe I should publish a bookā€¦Shane Bacon gave you the Disney version with ā€œThe Golferā€™s Zooā€ and Iā€™ll give you the Grimm Brothers version :slight_smile:

Pairing and more details will come out by the end of the week.

22 Likes

Did you learn to make this at Boobs coffee mug night?

3 Likes

The pairings are out:

First out are the thoroughbred low cap pampered efsā€¦are they gonna go low? Are they gonna hit drives off beer bottles? Only St. Rappeo knowsā€¦
11:00 am / 1:20 pm - @BadBrad, @dflock24, @dgolfman62281, Adrian

4 Likes

Next out are the early birdsā€¦I did not have the heart to put them in from of the thoroughbred low cap pampered efs without hardhatsā€¦
11:10 am / 1:30 pm - @treeputttim, @Mr.Sunday, @LeftysLoose, Joe T

4 Likes

The next two groups are the meatgrinders - looking for competition, looking for strokes, playing for pink slipsā€¦

11:20 am / 1:40 pm - @htown_cowboy , @rjsau98, @Gibbler , @MayorOfSpiethIsland

11:30 am / 1:50 pm - @pfeil41 , @Snyderdj, @MikeFlo, @Kbergen28

5 Likes

Finally, time for the bird hunters, out for a walk, out for a good time, but if the dogs flush out a bird they have the shots to take it downā€¦

11:40 am / 2:00 pm - @Xlink , @baldvinny , @mlakota, @schmonkey

11:50 am / 2:10 pm - @andrewf, @Setwilli , Stayko

12:00 pm / 2:20 pm - @Pinehurts, @scthayer, Joe B,

7 Likes