2NINES @ BELMONT GC - May 19, 2024

She didn’t look all that innocent.

3 Likes

Innocent of a crime… :slight_smile:

@Xlink the donation was a great fit. Great to know we are helping out people in our area and that it is making a large impact for this class!

8 Likes

Agreed. We should have a meet and great at Agustin Lara and Ms. Altamirano’s class. Bring the hickories, lil history lesson.

4 Likes

I made the donation anonymously, as I did not want to take credit for it (everyone chipped in). Our family makes small donations through donorschoose a few times a year. It would be hard to meet the class (as 2CGC) … in theory it would be great to take some of the kids golfing or something, but I’m sure there is all kinds of red tape, consent forms, background checks, policies that make that practically impossible.

9 Likes

have to monitor the IG bump

2 Likes

@Xlink I’m only about 7 months late to the party here… just curious if there will there be an event in 2024? I’m about to move to Downers Grove and will be right across the street from Belmont GC. Also, I’m happy to help organize or help in any way

3 Likes

You and @Xlink will be neighbors :smiley:

3 Likes

Lets go! Very excited about moving to the area, and it looks like a fun 9 hole course (haven’t played yet)

3 Likes

Yeah its fun, I’m in DG as well and yes this is planned again for 2024. I forgot the date but @xlink is in charge.

2 Likes

awesome! Well hopefully I can meet ya then. I will not be winning any gross title but excited for it all the same

2 Likes

Mentally prepare yourself for:

• Long walks with @Xlink and his dog.
  • Tales of the Motherland and discovering how soft you were raised.
  • Animal carcasses. So. Many. Animal carcasses.
13 Likes

@MayorOfSpiethIsland The date will be May 19 (PGA Championship Sunday).

The idea is to get our golf in and catch the last 9 holes of the PGA Championship in the clubhouse - this is what we did last year and it was a lot of fun (most people stuck around).

Belmont is a great, and I hope we play it together soon (I will be wearing my “Just a Guy” hat :)… a few of us live really close to it (@Kerry , @LeftysLoose , @wseitz26 , @Pinehurts ).

Join the 2CGC Discord here

10 Likes

That sounds perfect - a great plan for the PGA!

2 Likes

Spicing things up… May 19 should be during the cicada apocalypse! :beetle:

2 Likes

Local rule is: lift, clean, and eat :cockroach:

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/05/05/cicadas-cooking-recipes/

5 Likes

a mulligan for every cicada eaten?

4 Likes

This guy gonna fit right in.

5 Likes

That’s right, stay away from my title