2024 NLU Summer Festival: August 26th @ Colorado Golf Club

Save The Date - Registration opens soon!

Photo Courtesy of our friends at The Fried Egg

The 2nd Annual NLU Summer Festival will be hosted on Monday, August 26th at Colorado Golf Club in Parker, CO. With 72 players, and eight (8) NIT spots up for grabs, this event is sure to bring some great memories, good competition, and most importantly, a lot of fun!

We’re going to do a lottery with sign-ups starting Monday, March 18th at noon ET and ending Wednesday, March 20th.

HERE IS THE LINK TO REGISTER.

As of now, the lottery will be open only to Nest members.

All registrations are pending the lottery and credit card authorization the week of March 25th. Cards will not be charged (only authorized) at registration.

Our partners at BMW are including tickets to the Sunday round of the BMW Championship at Castle Pines Golf Club as an added bonus for the weekend. Tickets are optional and offered to those in the playing field. Each participant will be allowed one (1) ticket.

Cost: $650/Nest Member, which includes 18 holes at Colorado Golf Club, 9 holes on the Shorty (their short course), putting contest, forecaddie fee, breakfast, lunch, libations, tee gift, prizing, ticket to BMW Championship, and more.

With this being a Monday event, it’s a fantastic opportunity to bookend some golf on the front end to build a longer trip out of it.

We are working on a potential hotel block in Parker, CO that will keep everyone in close proximity to both Colorado Golf Club and Castle Pines Golf Club. Stay tuned.

General Schedule:

Sunday, August 25th

*** Arrive at leisure**
*** Take advantage of the ticket to the BMW Championship**
*** Informal meetup at the tournament TBD**
*** Head up towards Parker that evening (encourage folks to carpool) where there are several breweries and bars to hang at.**

Monday, August 26th

*** Arrive by 6:45 am to check in, grab breakfast and warm up**
*** Competition on the range at 7:00 am**
*** Shotgun Start 9:00 am**
*** Followed by lunch and a putting contest**
*** Afternoon tee times on the Shorty (short course)**
*** Drinks and awards following play.**
*** TBD Afterparty at a local Parker Brewery**

For those planning to enter the lottery, thanks for getting #involved.

50 Likes

9 Likes

Hell yes! :fire: :fire: :fire:

6 Likes

Fingers crossed for this one. After Erin hills last year the summer festival is can’t miss!

6 Likes

The breweries sound fun but there’s only one beer I drink when visiting the state of Colorado

11 Likes

Crossing every finger and toe I have to get into this one! Even if I can’t, I’ve got an extra room in Parker if anyone traveling needs a place 10 minutes from the course.

8 Likes

Grew up in Colorado, going to The International every year. My dad volunteered at the Solheim at CGC. This would be a huge event to attend.

5 Likes

With apologies to @OffTheDole

6 Likes

Expecting a special exemption for @jhkaplan

4 Likes

Animated GIF

5 Likes

Fiiiiiiiiiine, I’ll take it.

1 Like

Good morning!

I am excited to get the lottery opened up this morning and will be monitoring this space so if you have any issues or questions, send me a DM.

Most of you know that we switched from Golf Genius to Unknown Golf this year. Things work a little differently please be aware of the following:

• All Nest members should be loaded into the NLU events community. If you do not see your name (see bullet point two) when searching, send me a DM. Or if you joined the Nest in the last month, there is a possibility that you are not in the UKG system yet.

• Search for your real name to register. Your Nest handle will populate automatically.

• Credit cards are not automatically charged if your name gets chosen in the lottery. Instead, you will receive an invoice that will need to be paid by March 29th. Any winners with an unpaid invoice on 3/29 will be replaced with someone on the waitlist.

Cheers!
EG

16 Likes

$100 non-refundable deposit is an excellent idea, keep out the riff-raff :handshake:

8 Likes

It works a lot better than kindly reminding people to check their schedules first. LOLOL

4 Likes

Funny enough - my schedule is always free…until I have I have to pay. Suddenly, I’m veeerrry busy. What a coincidence :joy:

2 Likes

@me you coward.

9 Likes

It was implied :handshake:

6 Likes

Same. I live about 5 minutes from the course. Talked to my wife about hosting a rando from the internet at our house. Her initial response was “fuck no” but I will work on her.

6 Likes

These lottery entries are awesome with folks #gettinginvloved from all over the place!

It’s going to be a spicy playing field and I cannot WAIT for the Summer Fest ‘24 playlist.

11 Likes

fingers crossed

3 Likes