2023 War at the Shores - October 29th @ Shoop Park - Racine, WI

After much delegation and discussion about the opportunity to distribute our charitable efforts elsewhere (more specifically to a course on the shores of Lake Michigan NOT owned by Kemper Sports)…

…it’s official. We found our next host.

War at the Shores 2023 - Shoop Park Golf Course (Racine, WI)
4510 Lighthouse Dr
Racine, WI

When: Sunday October 29th, 2023.
Forward 9 shotgun at 10am. Reverse Routing 9 afterwards.

Who: Second City Golf Club Roost AND Whatever the heck the Wisconsin Roost will be called

Where/Why: Shoop Park Golf Course is operated by the Village of Wind Point and wants to install yardage markers on the course. The course was originally donated in 1923 for junior golfers by Dr. Clarendon Shoop (a local patent medicine developed and children’s book author) and to this day serves as the “sister” course for beginning golfers and junior players in the area, as well as the Racine Junior Golf Academy.

Dennis and Joe are the current caretakers of the course and are PUMPED to show off the history of the course and share stories before we play. Dennis has the conditions ready to rock and roll.

How Much?: $50 to play all day. We own the course for the day.

This event is open to ALL Roost Members, and their guests

15 Likes

12 Likes

Fuuuuuck I’m busy.

The lighthouse drive was paved like 12 years ago, let me know how it looks.

6 Likes

I’ll let you know when I’m headed up for a preview round.
So pumped to see this place, and the pro was ALL about the reverse routing idea

4 Likes

Love the weekend choice on this one. Gonna make a pitch to the wife because this seems like one hell of a day.

4 Likes

A lighthouse you say? Sign me up.

IMG_9084

9 Likes

Hello!

2 Likes

Will a group please just go hit golf balls at the one dudes obnoxious house on the part 3?

5 Likes

If this is a call back to the 4th at Canal Shores, that guy did get them to move that green oddly enough

4 Likes

What’s the cheese curd situation in Racine?
I know the Brat Stop and Gummy Bear factory are near by…

Mars cheese castle is right there.

1 Like

There’s plenty of good options. If we plan it right, could hit up Franks for breakfast too.

Aka, I’m inviting myself to come play since I don’t know that I can make the actual event.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Good Morning Crew

Looking at a preview round this Friday afternoon around 2pm ish. Since the course is closed, let me know if you’re interested in joining!

Cheers

3 Likes

This greatly pains me to have to withdraw, I really want to play here but had family obligation added.

We get 2 loops?

2 Likes

Yessir! Play all day :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Damn you! I’ll be in San Diego and now will be forced to go all of 23 without a round together.

Maybe? Let me see how much(or little) I can get done tomorrow.

2 Likes

We firm on 2 or earlier?