2023 US Open: Major Championship Sunday! - Round 4

Anyone else in the waiting room for tickets? At least we’ll know if we’re rejected within an hour unlike waiting months for rejection from Augusta.

I’m in the waiting room as well. First time interested in US Open tickets, so I wasn’t super familiar with the process. Didn’t realize it was a lottery system as well. I have a group of friends I’m trying to go with but we were going to buy tickets later. Hoping that’s still a possibility but a bit fuzzy on that.

It wasn’t like this when I bought tickets for Pebble Beach in 2019. I guess there’s super high demand for this one with the location. I just noticed the ticket prices say “starting at” so I’m hoping the price isn’t completely ridiculous if/when I get in there.

1 Like

I’ve been waffling on buying tickets. Would love to see LACC, but not sure if it’s worth the effort. Thinking about going to the Women’s Open at Pebble instead.

1 Like

the infrastructure of how they’re going to pull the event off is going to be crazy. looking forward to whatever they put together.

1 Like

If you’ve never been to Pebble I would go there for sure.

I have a friend who lives in L.A. who I used to visit all the time pre-Covid and was planning to stay with her, but she’s become practically a hermit and would never speak to me again if I inadvertently gave her Covid. So off to the land of AirBnB I go. Hotel prices seemed to already be jacked up beyond usual L.A. standards.

1 Like

Our plan was to go Wednesday and Thursday. I just got in on the site. $200 for Wednesday, $280 for Thursday. Even if I could buy as many tickets as I need for my group, probably out at those prices. The fact that it’s limited to two tickets per day makes it an easy decision to pass.

I was at Pebble for the 2010 U.S. Open and it was a madhouse. Really cool to be there, but it soured me on seeing majors in person on non-practice round days. We’re planning to attend the Clam Bake in February (last did that in 2009), so trying to convince my fiancé to do a second trip in the summer!

I was thinking about flying down from Sacramento for the day for a practice round at LACC, but might be biting off more than I can chew. Can’t even imagine what the hotels will be like.

1 Like

woof

1 Like

Yep I’m out too. I wanted the Trophy Club and it’s 485 DOLLARS for Thursday. What are they smoking.

2 Likes

I think it is part high demand and part limited tickets for this event.

I went to LACC for the Walker Cup a few years back and while it is an unbelievable course, it isn’t like Torrey or Pebble with tons of room for spectators. Lots of holes up against boundaries, others that run against other holes, etc. Worked great for something like the Walker Cup with very limited fans and where only tee boxes and greens are blocked off but for a US Open it’s going to be … interesting logistically.

3 Likes

might have to tear down a few trees, but hoping they do a big buildout here behind 14 green / 15 tee.

That spot makes a lot of sense for sure (so long as they don’t get too close to the green, creating a backstopping situation. USGA is usually good about this).

WC has no stands. They had some pavilion buildout to the right out #1 (on what I guess is 18 South) and on #1 South (left of #10 on the North).

In terms of on course stuff, the had their small bathrooms at 4 green, 7 green, and 8 green. Then also had concessions at 12 green and 5 green.

There’s good space for some buildout behind 11 green (plus the hole is enough downhill that it still won’t ruin the view), behind the green at 12. Hard to say how much they could build behind 5 green without getting in the way of the back tee on 11–maybe they can get something around to the side? Reasonable amount of room behind 9 and 18 as well.

The front nine is so tight, though, which is a shame because some of those holes are so amazing. Big hillside along 6 could be a good spot if it is open for people to sit?

one that butts up to the playboy mansion

just off I believe 13 green

which player(s) will be there?

Yes, that’s actually the 14th tee right there hard against the boundary line.

Back when the grotto was still an active concern you could definitely have a peacock call interrupt your backswing. The hedge separating the course from the mansion was no joke, either.

I wonder if the USGA will play with the configuration at all?

I’m not expecting them to put the alternate 17th hole in play or anything, but the 7th is flexible and can play as either a short 4 or long 3. IIRC in the Walker Cup, they switched the par on 7 in some rounds. When they played 7 as a par 4, they moved the tee up on #1 and played it as a par 4. When #7 played as a par 3 they went back and played #1 as a par 5. Thus, par was 70 every day. (Not that it really mattered in a match play competition.)

Xmas gift from a family member. Logo is so good.

5 Likes

I am going to be in LA for the event. Would like to go with my 8 yr old.

There are tickets available on second hand sites. I went to Shinnecock being successful buying from USGA. Anyone have any experience with stubhub or vivid seats? Are they to be trusted? Stubhub seems to have ticket guarantees, etc.

Trying for Friday.

Also trying to get clarity around bringing my 8 yr old. Seems like with an adult ticket you can just request a free ticket for a junior of that age “from the ticket office”.

Thoughts? Advice?

Way too early but fuck it!!!
The Pro!! Max Homa

2 Likes

Stubhub and Vivid Seats both have 100% guarantee on their tickets, never have had problems with either. Children under 12 can get in for free with a ticketed adult, you can request a junior complementary ticket at ticket office at main gates upon arrival!

1 Like