2023 Heartland Regional

@RockyMountain @ConfluenceGC @GreatPlainsGC starting a thread for general comms around the regional final coming up on July 22nd. To our out of town friends, feel free to use this space for any questions you might have.

Rohlers, if anyone is willing to host some folks for this, please reply to this thread!

7 Likes

@bpmcelhiney @CubbieHawk @ActionThomson @Spanky_kc - Great Plains Roost.

3 Likes

@Jrembold Do we have a Confluence lineup?

1 Like

Here is the format for the weekend:

Commonground GC

Morning session: 7:30am - 18 hole championship

Fourball at 80% handicap allowance per player, points for the morning session will be:

1st - 10pts
2nd - 8pts
3rd - 6pts
4th - 4pts
5th - 2pts
6th - 0pts

Lunch
Common has basic lunch service, the clubhouse is under construction currently so they have a * nice * trailer with basic lunch options (burgers, dogs, sandoā€™s etc). Pairings will be determined by player index.

Afternoon session: 1 - 3pm - Par 3 Course

0% allowance, singles member guest style match play, meaning there are no official ā€˜matchesā€™, instead you collect points if you win or tie a hole.

Win = 1pt
Tie = .5pt

Most team points at the end punches their ticket to sweetens.

The birds are singing of a possible bbq at @Privatecollectionā€™s new homeā€¦ More to come on that. Also Iā€™m sure some of the local members will be playing Friday/Sunday if anyone coming into town wants to squeeze more golf out of the visit.

5 Likes

Sounds great! Thanks for getting the thread going!

confirmed that post tournament we will be having a BBQ at @Privatecollection and @bkentfieldā€™s new house, we can help facilitate rides to/from the course

Mr. Kentfield has notified me they have a lot of extra beverages from the house warming party :eyes:

5 Likes

We have sooo many capri suns leftover! :wink: Iā€™ll DM my address.

3 Likes

you mean you donā€™t want to doxx your personal address?

2 Likes

My wife and son are coming along and we are making it a mini vacay. We are staying at the Source and I would love some lunch/dinner/bar recs around there. Also, are significant others welcomed at the BBQ? No worries if not, but thought I would ask. Thanks again for setting all of this up!

3 Likes

Kids and SOā€™s are definitely welcome!

The source is awesome, plenty of great food options around there

2 Likes

Agree with Joey, you donā€™t even need to leave the hotel for great food! Fun little putt-putt joint around the corner, too! @jskovgaard whats the name of that place?

And please do bring them to the bbq!!! They are welcome and for someone without kids, I have a lot of kid things. :blush: How old?

2 Likes

Well he is four months so he wonā€™t be doing much! Haha! I appreciate the invite and guidance! Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

Rino country club is the little putt putt bar, good spot, location of our year end banquet

1 Like

I too will be heading out there with my wife and ā€œkidā€ except ours is really furry and shaped like a golden retriever. Also no big deal if we wanna keep it a dog-free space, but thought Iā€™d ask! I can always bum a ride with one of you guys to the house and have my taxi service pick me up later.

2 Likes

i can call the course and see if itā€™s cool we bring a pup out there

1 Like

Sorry, I meant at the BBQ. My bad!

1 Like

ahh, all walks of life are welcome at the BBQ

2 Likes

@scagnetti

2 Likes

Do the entry fees include a cart? The GPGC is thinking about walking, but wanted to see what our Denver foes were planning.

fee does include cart, as well as small range bucket i believe

walking/riding it totally up to the players, CG is very walkable, but it has been hotter than hell in Denver. Showing high of 86 on Saturday though

2 Likes